Resurrecting a Dead Horse

rock4fun

So I went over and talked to an old friend the other day about his old crawler to see what his plans for it's future was going to be. After talking to him for a bit I thought I may have talked him into getting it back up and going again after five our more years of it sitting on blocks. I told him it would be sweet to see him back in the drivers seat. So after about two weeks I got back a hold of him and after him telling me he just don't have the time for it any more I quickly swooped in to save the old girl from getting parted out. My plans for the old bronc are to restore it to it's old UROC look but with new paint and some minor comfort upgrades. After she is up and going and trail worthy again and I know that all is good to go I think think it would be awesome to put in to go on Peterson 4wheel & off road Ultimate adventure with her. I am very excited to end up with this old bronco as this is the rig that gave me the rock crawling bug over eight years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 581

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Wow, Chris finally let that thing go, eh? I remember when it was a stock-looking, un-cut Bronco with 35" BFG's. I think that was about 1997 or 1998.

I helped Chris with some of the tube work and used to spot for him on occasion at the UROC comps. That poor thing looks severely neglected, good to hear you'll be taking it back to it's former glory.

I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous. That rig was very under-built back when it was getting ran and Chris usually drove it at it's limits and was quite successful in competition. That guy has some amazing driving skills, he does well with just about anything he sets his mind to.

Not sure if this will help you or not, that Early Bronco was the RME feature rig back in 2003. :eek: - http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=6846

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Make sure you add a front center limiting strap, or run the winch cable to the front axle. That's one big thing that rig needed badly.

Nice find!

rock4fun

some progress pics. It hasent hit dirt yet but it's getting close.

Attachments

• IMG_2577.jpg
    IMG_2577.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2578.jpg
    IMG_2578.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2579.jpg
    IMG_2579.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 65

rockbronco

OK guys. Im the guy that has that old rig! I love it! I've gone crawling with it a couple times here in duchesne on some private trails. It preforms very well. It just seems a little light in the back end.
I also need to find a new front axle shaft for it. I got it stuck pretty bad, and while winching it out, it busted the U-joint, and bent the ears on the shaft. So if any one knows where to get an new shaft, or get an older one cut and splined, i would love your help!