reverse used as forward ( auto tranney )

ok heres the plan ( kinda ), i have a mid engine buggy i was building till the 4 link went into my YJ. i was ( still might ) going to use a 97 saturn DOC motor transaxle with some 60's i got kicking around, but i just got a new four banger from a S-10. my thought was to maybe use this instead with a powerglide ( i got two might as well use them ) with a 4-1 D-300 i have. i dont want to flip my axles since there all ready HP60's ( bolth 78/79's ), can an auto tranney use reverse as a forward gear and forward as reverse?? this way i can use the S-10 motor and glide, have a way to disconect the front shaft and have more T-case option's, thanks jason.

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
ok heres the plan ( kinda ), i have a mid engine buggy i was building till the 4 link went into my YJ. i was ( still might ) going to use a 97 saturn DOC motor transaxle with some 60's i got kicking around, but i just got a new four banger from a S-10. my thought was to maybe use this instead with a powerglide ( i got two might as well use them ) with a 4-1 D-300 i have. i dont want to flip my axles since there all ready HP60's ( bolth 78/79's ), can an auto tranney use reverse as a forward gear and forward as reverse?? this way i can use the S-10 motor and glide, have a way to disconect the front shaft and have more T-case option's, thanks jason.

You're going to have to flip one anyway, or else your tires are going to spin in opposite directions. (I think)