Richie - Isuzu Vehicross - Ogden, Utah * pics

Hey Guys,

Just stumbled upon this site, Pretty excited I found it!

Anyway, I just built up a 2000 Isuzu Vehicross

I'm a total Noob when it comes to wheeling, and offroad... I'm no stranger to camping though :D

I used to have an S10 ZR2 that I lightly offroaded.

Was just starting to get serious when the vehicle was destroyed by vandals.

Anyway, I'd love to meet up with some people, find the local trails, and learn the ropes (from a patient spotter)

I have taken my Vehicle when it was in stock trim to The Vehicross Safari in Moab. Only trails I completed were: Klondike Bluffs (and down the back), and Dome Plateau (the Jeep Safari route).

That's that.

Richie

Thursty

Wow, that Isuzu looks cool! (never thought I'd say that) What kind of gas mileage does it get? Sorry to hear about the Chev.

Welcome to RME.

Welcome to RME Mr. Liquid....
Remember me? Still have the audi?

Recognize the name, just going to assume you're from ZR2.com ;)

Sold the audi last month... decided I need something for hitting the dirt again... Audi was good for commuting, but I couldn't even take it camping, or to the hardware store, the dump etc.

:D

Wow, that Isuzu looks cool! (never thought I'd say that) What kind of gas mileage does it get? Sorry to hear about the Chev.

Welcome to RME.

Thanks! Nothing wrong with Isuzu's geez...

As for gas mileage... I'd rather not talk about it... Less than 20 though.

Last edited:
Nope, Sorry we already have 1 vehicross too many here....(Todd)
JK:D Welcome

I couldn't compete with Todd anyway ;) I swear he could take a geo metro in more places than I could take a full fledged rock crawler... He's just that good... from what I gather.

rock4fun

Welcome I love vehicross. I always wanted one just could not talk the wife into it .Then we ended up with a RODEO. But it was the best rig I have ever had. We got 200,000 on it then sold it to my neighbor and he is still driving it.

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Recognize the name, just going to assume you're from ZR2.com (QUOTE]

yup... Same Zombie.

I'll be doing some mild shakedown runs with my jeep when I finish it up, and then theres another trip you might be interested in.
A handful of guys from the old ZR2.com are hitting moab at the end of september. Steve (1TufRot), Sean King, a few other SAS guys, and some other random attendees. We'll run a little of everything on that trip if you want to check it out. There should be plenty of open seats for trails you might not be comfortable with yet...

Just a thought. It's good to see you getting back into the sport. Let's wheel sometime. (just let me finish building my crap).

Jonesy

Welcome,

It's always good to see another Isuzu out on the trails. Those Vehicross' are bad.

There is also a local Isuzu club...albeight small, but we are out here. www.zutah.com Check it out if you get a chance.

Glad to see you upgraded the tie rods to Indy's. That's a huge issue when wheeling.

I assume you are planetisuzoo a little as well? What about 4x4wire? Both are good isuzu specific(or at least an isuzu specific section) with greath people.

yup... Same Zombie.

I'll be doing some mild shakedown runs with my jeep when I finish it up, and then theres another trip you might be interested in.
A handful of guys from the old ZR2.com are hitting moab at the end of september. Steve (1TufRot), Sean King, a few other SAS guys, and some other random attendees. We'll run a little of everything on that trip if you want to check it out. There should be plenty of open seats for trails you might not be comfortable with yet...

Just a thought. It's good to see you getting back into the sport. Let's wheel sometime. (just let me finish building my crap).

You tell me when I'd love to hit a few trails.

I'll also try to go to the ZafaRi2 ;) Do you still have a Z? I've tried to register for ZR2.com, sent my old pictures in, said Roger knows who I am... But never worked out... never received a login.

Welcome,

It's always good to see another Isuzu out on the trails. Those Vehicross' are bad.

There is also a local Isuzu club...albeight small, but we are out here. www.zutah.com Check it out if you get a chance.

Glad to see you upgraded the tie rods to Indy's. That's a huge issue when wheeling.

I assume you are planetisuzoo a little as well? What about 4x4wire? Both are good isuzu specific(or at least an isuzu specific section) with greath people.

Yes... tie rods definitely an issue, while I was in Moab for the suzoo run one of ours lost theirs...

Everyone told me while I was doing my build that it was a must... I was thinking of doing diff drop brackets... but consensus has been it's not worth the trouble. Replacing CV boots every so often is easier than the build of dropping the brackets.

I'll definitely check out Zutah.com

Thanks for the welcome!

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
You tell me when I'd love to hit a few trails.

I'll also try to go to the ZafaRi2 ;) Do you still have a Z?

My lease ended in January of 2003, and I didn't even attempt to buy it out (stupid GM lease). I was wheelerless for a few years, started a few various projects, never finished anything, and then I bought my grand. I don't have a choice but to finish this one, and it's coming along so nicely, it would be dumb not to.

I got registered at ZR2usa.com a while back to keep in touch with some old friends, but there is MASS drama over there. TXZR2.com is where most of the planning for the moab trip is happening... give it a try if you are interested.

Cool...
I'll have to check it out...

What ever happened to JohnG? There are bazillions of ZR2s on the road, when we were into our rigs (99-2003) they were still "new" Now a days you can pick up a truck for $2500 and a Blazer for a little more.

So you've got everyone from Boy offroad racer, to the original owners who appreciate the vehicle...

Too bad :(

After an 8 year hiatus I'm happy to be back on the dirt roads. Just glad I didn't go the Subaru route like I was thinking originally... I wouldn't be able to camp in the same places.