Riding...

Caleb

I have always ridden on the North side of the highway where your tracks are listed but I have never ridden on the south side of the highway... anything exciting that way? I will have to explore that side where your tracks are listed sometime... any links or pics about that area? Is it Jeep trails? double track? singletrack? Any info on the south side would be appreciated.

I gotta get a new front tire and HD tube and I will be ready to ride this spring.
The south side is fun. My buddy that rode with us likes the south better than the north, I don't have a preference. The south is nice because a lot fewer people use it than the north. Be aware, the south side does have some private property when you get a ways south (the tracks from this trip didn't get to his property), we've spoken with the land owner before and without his permission, he doesn't want people riding on his land. He's had a lot of problems with people tearing up retaining ponds, fences, and his signs. So be respectful of his property and his wishes. The south is pretty much all double track, when you get in to some of the canyons, it turns to smaller than double track, but I wouldn't quite call it single track :p

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I need to get out there and ride with you guys, if you ride South/West there's a canyon that you can ride up and eventually to the top of, look down on the Little Sahara sand dunes AND see the Point of the Mountain, from the same place. Amazing views and riding.

Caleb

Its been years since I've been out to that, still in good shape? As I recall it is/was private property. For some reason I though it was private property? Jeff (Ramtoy) knew who built it as I recall? Its been 10 years or more since that was happening.
Yep, I've been out there too. Never rode it and have no desire to scoot around a track. :D I was under the impression that it was actually on BLM land, but the guys just fenced it off and made people think it was private land, I may be wrong though. It's still ridable as of last year (meaning it's on ok shape).

my4thjeep

There was no evidence that it was private property: no gates, no fences, no signs. There is fenced in private farm land within a half mile or so but this seemed to be part of the BLM land. There were plenty of RV's camped in grassy area nearby.

The track last spring was in really good condition.