Rigs and Speed?

jeepatic4X4

Anyone build a rig for speed? I know this is more a crawler site but i was just wondering if anyone had one. I'm thinking that i will try it out.

Last edited:

Badger

I am the Brute squad
who said this was a crawler site? yes a lot of the people that use the board like rock crawling but that doesn't mean the site is dedicated to rock crawling.we the people of this board are into many different styles of wheeling

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
got my atlas 4 speed - 1,2,2.72,5.44 for the ability to move from higher wheel speed applications to a crawl. No intention of baja speeds here, but my dual rate coil/overs should allow me to go as fast as I dare in the mountains to the north, and as slow as needed on the rocks in the south.

Having front and rear Currie AntiRocks will also be an advantage at higher speed stuff

Brett

Meat-Hippy
As far as I can recall, I don't "think" that anyone on here has built something just for speed off road. It'd be cool to see someone build a pre-runner, with a thread updating everyone on here. You should do it!

jeepatic4X4

I think it would be fun to do. I am trying to save up some extra cash to start it. So it might be a coule weeks before I can actually buy stuff.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
I recently watched (discovery type channel) a documentory on the last baja 1000 ... wow ... this would really be an adventure of a lifetime!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
You need to watch Dust to Glory

my favorite movie...

watch all of the 'Desert People' videos too! by far the best off-road movies i've ever seen... 3 and 4 are my favorites...

does anyone else agree that rockcrawling videos are boring? not that the editing and whatnot sucks on all RC videos, more that it's just really hard to capture the excitement.... that's why baja/desert videos are far superior...:D

-Jason

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm involved with a team that is putting a rig together for the 07 baja 1000. The rig will probably reside at my house so I could take pictures as it progresses...

JoeT

I've help build V-8 Chevy Luv's. Nothing like having a $2500 truck blownin the doors of $30k+ cars when your in high school.:D

jeepatic4X4

now that i am ready to do this, what should i buy for it first for some horsepower gain? I am thinking about intake and exhaust first...any ideas?