Ring and Pinion Gear Question

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
Well, I am getting my 4.88's for christmas, but I have one question before I place my order...Has anyone had any bad luck with any gearset manufacturers? I am wondering if the genuine gear gearsets have much different from say a precision gearset other than price? thanks in advance. Brandon

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
I've been running genuine gear for a little while now and had no probs. Granted I don't compete or do the really hardcore stuff, but they work for me. They were very easy to set up and seem to run very quiet(compared to the loud CJ)

Just my $0.02

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Originally posted by BBowski82
Well, I am getting my 4.88's for christmas, but I have one question before I place my order...Has anyone had any bad luck with any gearset manufacturers? I am wondering if the genuine gear gearsets have much different from say a precision gearset other than price? thanks in advance. Brandon

Just remember that you are paying for quality, and if you get Genuine read the warranty card. And it really does make a difference.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
True, put quality ahead of price when it comes to Gears.

Whatever you do, don't let 4WPW set them up for you. I had to drop a extra $300 because of the incompetence of one of their Techs.

Hey Andy, don't you have the Hookups on Gear installs? :D

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Yes, stay away from Genuine Gears. I'm partial to Yukon's myself, good price/quality ratio. :)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
another factor in your gears is the installation. I would take to andy up above....he has been doing them for years and years and years.....:)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Andy was actually hatched at Precision Gears high tech skunkworks super secret laboratory. Bred from a mixture of high tech gear oils and metal shavings, he can stuff a pig pretty good.:D ;)