riots in the middle east?

my4thjeep

I lived in Denmark for a while and I think its funny that they are out to get a small country that has been very good to Muslim Refugees from through out the Middle East.

Denmark has a free press just the same as the US. In today’s Jyllands Post (the newspaper that printed the cartoons) the Prime Minister of Denmark says that he doesn't control the press nor should he. Other articles say that the world reaction is mixed but most countries say that the Danes need not to apologize for freedom of press. Interesting...

I think that it is also interesting perspective on the Middle East and Freedom and democracy in places like Iraq, Iran, Syria, and Lebanon. Can they succeed with such deep rooted past in a dictator/regime society? To me it helps to explain the thought process behind those who fight against a free Iraq.

I find it interesting also the intolerance of those outside of the most hardcore Muslim sects. I find it interesting that the Muslim leaders do nothing to stop the violence.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
More evidence of a radical viewpoint, nothing more. It's ok if they do it, but not if anyone else does.

My4th said the rest.

notajeep

Just me
Didn't the prez of Iran just say the the jews made up the holocaust (sp). If that isn't being disrespectful to someone elses religion......

reddevil

'93 Cherokee
Their actions sure are proving that the cartoon is way off base, and uncalled for.:rolleyes:

"We don't kill people! I'll kill you if you say that!":mad2: :eek:

StrobeNGH

no user title
I think it is very ironic that these 'tards can spout off all this hatred for Israel (and let's not kid ourselves, they ALL have called for Israel to be wiped off the map, remember the 6 day war, or the Yom Kippur war?), routinely print scathing anti-semetic cartoons and 'news stories' in EVERY SINGLE ON OF THEIR NEWSPAPERS, make movies demonizing Israel and the US, and take every opportunity to lash out against Israel and the US . . .
But when a Danish newspaper prints a series of cartoons a Palestinian Shiek finds offensive, he takes the 6 printed cartoons (and three cartoons which never appeared in the newspaper, and no one knows where they came from) to the Palastinians . . . and all of a sudden the whole place is in an uproar.

Like I said earlier . . . what a bunch of 'tards.
:handlebars: :shawn:

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Kind of reminds me of a time when many on this site got upset because someone made fun of a certain type of underware. I am not defending the rioters but no one likes their religion mocked.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
bobdog said:
Kind of reminds me of a time when many on this site got upset because someone made fun of a certain type of underware. I am not defending the rioters but no one likes their religion mocked.
Yea I remember the embasy burning down and rioting in the street. :rolleyes:

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
It's their not fighting about something, they'll make something to fight about. If I had a riot everytime I was offended by something I wouldn't get much else done in my life. Blonde jokes ... grrrr ... where is my stick and bombs!!!!

NoRig

Is what kills me is that some muslim leaders are calling for heavy penalties against the US and European countries because of this. Yet they can burn our flag everyday and we don't have rioting and murdering in our streets because of it. They're a bunch of loonies.