RIP Parker Garrett....

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
:(

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/saltlaketribune/obituary.aspx?n=jay-parker-garrett&pid=180483793

For those that didn't know Parker, he was a stand-up guy and used to be a regular around here long ago. We ran a RME Feature on his FJ40 in 2002, it was ahead of it's time and Parker could drive it very well. I remember watching him compete in the early days of UROC and he really put that Cruiser thru it's paces. - https://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.p...oyota-Land-Cruiser-(Winter-2002-Featured-Rig)

Parker was a humble, friendly and quiet guy... makes me feel bad that we grew apart over the years. Miss ya buddy!

Coco

:(

I never met him, but always idolized him while I was growing up. I enjoyed watching him in the Reliance movie, and many more of the competition videos. Seemed like an awesome guy, and I always wanted to meet him.

R.I.P Parker.

RockChucker

We lost a good one. I spent many late nights with him while I was finishing up my jeep. Pretty awesome watching him cook up all those tsco parts. Standup feller. I'm gonna miss him! I'm glad I had the opportunity to spend as much time with him as I did!

ID Bronco

Sad to hear, sounds like a guy we all would have liked. His obituary sounds very similar to my wife's cousin a couple of years ago. Kind, with lot's of internal struggles. His Mom was really at peace knowing he didn't have to struggle daily any more. My condolences to his family.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I never formally met the guy, but I remember him and his cruiser. I ran into him years ago in the Rock Garden in Mineral Basin, he was coming down as I was going up. We pulled off to the side to let him through and watch him try the hardest lines he could find. At one point he got high-centered and his flywheel was scraping on the boulder he was stuck on. I told him that sparks were flying around underneath him, he didn't seem to care as he just wanted off that rock. Random memory, but it's still there 12 years later.