Rip Sadie

O'neal

?????????
I brought sadie home a couple weekend's back,She was a sweet and adorable little gal that was full of life and loved to play.....with the family,our cat's and the neiborhood kid's.
During the first week with us she started having problem's,so thurs the 13th we took her to the vet and they said she had strep and gave us some antibiotics and told us she should return to her normal self within a day or two,I figured that it was the differences in temperature between evanston and the slc valley.We gave her antibiotic's to her but she just wasn't getting better she was getting worse.By saturday evening she had not been eating or drinking all day and started throwing up and at that point I noticed a little bit of blood.
I called a different vet that night and rushed her in for an emergency,he did some test's,checked her temp which was 107 (which is high for a dog)so he gave her some shot's one for her "strep"(as the other vet had said)but he said that there is something else wrong other than that,He was thinking that she may had eat'n something and it was blocking her stomach causing her to not be eating but wasn't sure.He told me before I left to call in the morning because he wanted to know how sadie was doing.
When I got home that night she was felling pretty well and headed right for the food which I thought was a good thing.around midnight everything started all over again so I took her in on sunday morning and did what we had done the night before and before I left I scheduled a surgury for sadie on monday morning so we could find out exactly what was wrong.
Monday came and my wife took her in at 10:30am and they got sadie started on some iv's to get some fluid's back into her and started on the surgury.
The vet called me a little after 11:00 and said I have some really bad new's,her intestin's were inflamed and inlarged,her limpnode's were all inflamed and inlarged and said that there was nothing else they could do for her.As much as I didnt want,the best thing was to put her to sleep. :(
That is the worst feeling in the world,our family is just in tear's.Even though she was only with us for a few moment's,it felt like forever and I will alway's remember the short time she was here. :( I felt it was best to bury her out back along with all of the belonging's she had where she liked to lay in the sun.

Attachments

• ash 033.jpg
    ash 033.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 120

shortstraw8

Thats crazy I almost picked her up but could not get some one to watch her the weeks I would be gone, That is sad she was a cute little pup.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
shortstraw8 said:
Thats crazy I almost picked her up but could not get some one to watch her the weeks I would be gone, That is sad she was a cute little pup.

Same here... I had plans on going over to take a look at the pup. Poor thing. I wish it would have turned out for the better. :(

O'neal

?????????
I also wish that it would have turned out better.Ya know....The family was really looking forward to spending our life with her.I'm sure all that knew her will miss her,including myself and the fam....I'm out :(

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
That is so sad! I am really sorry! Dont let it stop you from getting yourself another family member! :(

O'neal

?????????
Barbie said:
That is so sad! I am really sorry! Dont let it stop you from getting yourself another family member! :(
We had a dog named buddy,a healer/border collie mix for 8 year's,took off one night and never returned.Called the pound the next morning,said they found him run over on the otherside of town,this was 2 month's ago.
I can't go through it again.