RME Epic Dual-Sport ride

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
:cool: I'll make sure I have the time off (I may be going to 4-10s anyways).

Come on, who else is going to join in on the fun? :D

You'll love 4, 10's... not sure how I ever survived working 5 days a week! :D

It would be great to get Kurt out with us, but I hear he needs to schedule events 10 yrs in advance. Maybe we'll get him on the RME Epic Dual Sport ride in 2020?

Von would be great to have out there as well, but he's too cool to hang out with us lowly non-racer guys. Plus, I don't think his bike is plated.

Caleb

You'll love 4, 10's... not sure how I ever survived working 5 days a week! :D

It would be great to get Kurt out with us, but I hear he needs to schedule events 10 yrs in advance. Maybe we'll get him on the RME Epic Dual Sport ride in 2020?

Von would be great to have out there as well, but he's too cool to hang out with us lowly non-racer guys. Plus, I don't think his bike is plated.
Yeah, I'm excited about the 4-10s...to boot, I'll be working from home whenever I want :D

I'm ready for this trip. I just ordered a HDB setup along with a new bar (mine's a little tweaked from my many wrecks :p). I may pick up a fuel bladder (something around 1 gal bladder may be nice) and then I need new tires (these 450s eat tires like no other) and I should be completely ready.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...It would be great to get Kurt out with us, but I hear he needs to schedule events 10 yrs in advance. Maybe we'll get him on the RME Epic Dual Sport ride in 2020?...

Do you have some dates on the 2020 event so I can block them out on my calendar? :D

August/Septemer are always busy months for, I've got 3 back to back trips following the weekend you guys are planning and I just don't know if I can swing another in there? :( I'm still watching the thread because I really would love to make it.

Greg

Admin
Yeah, I'm excited about the 4-10s...to boot, I'll be working from home whenever I want :D

I'm ready for this trip. I just ordered a HDB setup along with a new bar (mine's a little tweaked from my many wrecks :p). I may pick up a fuel bladder (something around 1 gal bladder may be nice) and then I need new tires (these 450s eat tires like no other) and I should be completely ready.

Wow, you're lucky!! 4, 10's and working from home? That's just not fair.

Sounds like you're just about there! I'm jealous of your HDB handguards, I want a set.

Do you have some dates on the 2020 event so I can block them out on my calendar? :D

August/Septemer are always busy months for, I've got 3 back to back trips following the weekend you guys are planning and I just don't know if I can swing another in there? :( I'm still watching the thread because I really would love to make it.

:D Just seeing if you were paying attention.... I understand you've got quite the busy schedule. I was really hoping to get you out on this ride, but being away from home 4 weekends in a row is pretty rough. No worries if you can't make this one, but we do need to get out for a good ride one of these days.

Caleb

So what's the plan? I might be able to get my buddy to come down with me...he won't commit yet though. Either way, I'm in for sure. I have that Friday off so I plan to head down either Thursday after work or early Friday depending on the plan. Lay it out for me Greg :D

Greg

Admin
So what's the plan? I might be able to get my buddy to come down with me...he won't commit yet though. Either way, I'm in for sure. I have that Friday off so I plan to head down either Thursday after work or early Friday depending on the plan. Lay it out for me Greg :D

Whatever you are up for Caleb! I don't think Friday will be a long day of riding, probably 6-8 hrs? I would be game for meeting up early Friday morning and going from there.

Would you like to stay in a campground or find a hotel? I'd be fine either way, we just need a secure place to park the vehicles for the first night and somewhere with good showers & bathrooms.

I'd be alright with a campground, just crash in the RTT and hang out outdoors after the ride. :cool:

Greg

Admin
Campground works for me. If it has a shower, that would be a bonus :D

Yeah, I've got to have a way to get cleaned up after a long days ride on the bike!

The Slickrock Campground North of Moab is OK, the bathrooms are pretty poor.

Have you ever stayed at the campground that is across the street from Burger King, behind the Texaco? The name escapes me at the moment, but they have great bathrooms and laundry machines, if needed.

If camping work for you, let's plan on that. I'll try figure out the name of that place and make some reservations. Hopefully they will let us drop off the vehicles on Friday morning and come back on Saturday without issue.

Caleb

Sounds good. The only campground I've stayed at is Slickrock (they have the cabins, right?) and it was probably ~12 years ago.