RME Noob Run #2 - Trip Report

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
For those who didnt make it missed out. it was alot of fun, I even learned a few things.
thanks again for everyone who put it on and helped out!
cant wait for #3

took a few pic's mainly of the bronco and even let steve have some fun in it. :D
miller8.jpg

miller9.jpg

miller7.jpg

miller14.jpg

miller5.jpg

miller6.jpg

miller.jpg

post pic's here.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Incredible event. We've learned a lot, and the next one will be even better. A HUGE thanks to MMP and John over there, Kurt, Tacoma, Stephen, Mark, Scott, Jason, Bart, Medster, and so many others. This wouldn't have been possible without you guys. A huge thanks to those who presented, prepared, spotted, helped out, contributed great comments, and attended to learn. There were so many great experts with lots of experience to share. It went off even better than expected. I learned so much, and I don't consider myself a noob. I think every single wheeler out there could have benefited from this event. Thanks again everyone. I'll get my pictures up tomorrow.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

a few of us went on to run rattlesnake afterwards.

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

IMG_1623.JPG

Then I guess I got too aggressive on my line on the stairs. I know my little 2.4L 4 cyl doesn't have enough power to do this. I must have smacked the diff enough to weaken it, then the torque of the low gears caused it to twist.

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1629.JPG

sixstringsteve

Thanks to my friends for helping me out on the trail. As luck would have it, my front driveshaft was very close to the length of my rear driveshaft. So I was able to unbolt it and throw it in the rear (thanks to my triple-drilled flanges.) That was a lucky way to get home.

Brian, I don't know how I didn't manage to take a picture of you helping me wrench or even of your rig on the trail. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Many, many thanks to all those that helped make this happen, both in terms of attendees and volunteers. It was an absolute success and I think everybody, new and old alike walked away with something. A big thanks to the Miller Motorsports Park (specifically John W.) for making it possible on the budget we aimed for.

To all the presenters, solid work! To Bart, Marc & Scott and the others that assisted on the off-road course, well done guys, I heard nothing but race reviews. The only complaints I heard were the wind :p and that it should be a multi-day event i.e. Fri, Sat & Sunday.

I would love to hear some more feedback on your experience, I think with this under our belt the next one will only be bigger and better :cool:

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Wow Steve, now that is some carnage!!!

Oh and BTW my front axle was not stripped, the passenger hub was not fully engaging and
stripped the front 1/3 of the teeth on the hub! Got a new set yesterday and the axle is
good to go!

Coco

Damn I forgot about this event!! I was up in the Unitas playing in the snow :eek: with the rc's

Steve your carnage looks like what I used to do on that trail in my old yota. Somewhere on that trail I bent it severely 2-3 times. And only on that trail. Everywhere else I went I never did.

ricsrx

Sorry i missed it, I will definitly pull Hunter out of football for the next run and get involved.