RME Quarterly Training Day - April 2012

blznnp

i might or might not come now, depends what the schedule is for early morning saturday, my grandma just past away yesterday and the funeral right now is scheduled for 1pm on saturday near the U. so I might be able to stay for a little bit on saturday.

skmohanty

Hi All,

This is my first full season back in Utah unfortunately (or fortunately) I will be heading to Moab that Saturday afternoon although I won't be doing any major trails. I am VERY interested in getting to know the community and go out on trails. Will there me another training day soon? Or alternatively I could come on Friday and leave Saturday 1:00pm-2:00pm. Would it be okay to come by for part of it?

Hi All,

Do we have a schedule up yet? Looks like I don't need to leave for Moab till around 4:00pm on Saturday. I will either be able to come into Friday night for very early Saturday Morning and would be able participate in more of the activities depending on the schedule.

sixstringsteve

Hi All,

Do we have a schedule up yet? Looks like I don't need to leave for Moab till around 4:00pm on Saturday. I will either be able to come into Friday night for very early Saturday Morning and would be able participate in more of the activities depending on the schedule.

We're still waiting to hear from a couple of our instructors. Here's the tentative schedule:

Friday, April 20, 2012
6-7 PM: Arrive. Set up tents/camp. Eat dinner. Meet n greet.
7-7:30 PM: Course on how to prepare for a trip: what to bring, trail repairs, maintenance, tools, recovery, etc. (taught by sixstringsteve)
7:30- 8 PM: Intro to Modifying your vehicle (taught by sixstringsteve)
8-9 PM: History of 4x4's (with Utah portion) - (taught by Stephen N from Iconic Camping with a small portion by Kurt from CruiserOutfitters)
9-10 PM: Intro to 4x4 opportunities in Utah II (taught by Kurt from ExpeditionUtah.com)

Saturday, April 21, 2012
8-9 AM: Free Continental Breakfast (courtesy of Teraflex)
9-10 AM: Trail Etiquette/Tread lightly - (taught by Stephen from Iconic Camping, possibly help from Dave @ BLM)
10-11 AM - TBD
11 AM - 12 PM: in-class winching/recovery 101 (taught by Kurt from Cruiseroutfitters) Good to Go
12-1 PM: Lunch - bring your own
1-1:30 PM: on-course, hands-on recovery with Kurt. Actually winching, using a snatch block, tow strap, etc. If some want to stick around for more instruction they can while everyone else heads to the course to drive.
1:30-5 PM: Advanced spotting and driving: on-course practice (taught by Marc and Scott)

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I won't make Friday night, I'm really glad you have the tread lightly planned for Saturday. I'm sure I could learn something everytime i hear it. I will be there bright and early Sat morning.

sixstringsteve

We plan on having all of the classes taught outside, under a semi-permanent tent (like the ones they use at Harbor Freight parking lot sales). The weather looks good, but be prepared for anything.

If the weather gets downright nasty, we will most likely move to one of the indoor garages. We're finalizing the details right now, but plan on the outdoor tent. I'll keep you posted as we get more info.

Invite all your friends who are new to 4x4's, it's a great way for them to learn how to recreate safely and responsibly.

Royvfx

I'm thinking about bringing my stock 4runner. It's 4x4 with rear eLocker but I'm new to the whole 4x4 scene. I probably won't be able to make it Friday but I can be there all day Saturday.

sixstringsteve

Great, I'll pencil you in. Your stock 4runner will do great out there. if you watch the video link on post #1, there's a stock runner in there.

And welcome to RME, it's a great place here.