Central Utah RME Trip; Little Sahara Sand Dunes... February?

JPaul

Got the work on my wife's car done last night, now I'm hoping to get my snorkel installed tonight instead (don't really need it, but it's already been sitting for a month or so waiting to be installed). I'm looking forward to this outing, I don't get out much at all.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm excited about this trip as well, I've been to the dunes several times but always on a dirt bike.... I think it'll be a blast in the Winter with a 4x4!

See you all out there tomorrow morning!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Screwed up my ankle somehow. I'm still able to walk and still plan to go but don't know if I can get down there to camp tonight. 9 am at the Visitors Center it is

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Jacob got stuck at work.. so it was just down to me for camping.. so I am not camping either. See you all in the morning at the entrance station.

D

Deleted member 12904

I'm still going to try and make it in the morning. We shall see how it goes.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I just left RockyMountainATV, they said that Little Sahara is ENFORCING the law this year that flags must be Red or Orange and those with colors other than that will get a ticket. It's been that rule for a while now, but hasn't been enforced too hard. Just FYI for those coming.

mbryson

Supporting Member
I just left RockyMountainATV, they said that Little Sahara is ENFORCING the law this year that flags must be Red or Orange and those with colors other than that will get a ticket. It's been that rule for a while now, but hasn't been enforced too hard. Just FYI for those coming.

Forgot I'd need a flag. I'll try to go scrounge one up. Thanks for the reminder

mbryson

Supporting Member
I've got a bunch of diesel under my pickup by the injector pump (up by the steering box--hard to tell how much with the wet concrete).... I'm going to throw in the towel. :(

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
You can use some of that orange construction ribbon and tie it to your antenna.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

That may be an invitation for attention as they require a 6"x12" flag orange flag. I wish I could make it down with you guys. If anyone needs a last minute flag I have a couple available to borrow here in Sandy.

RogueJeepr

Here!
At least it's looks like you tried (maybe tie a few w/ 12" lengths).
I doubt there will be any rangers out. During thanksgiving weekend we had the whole place to ourselves.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
At least it's looks like you tried (maybe tie a few w/ 12" lengths).
I doubt there will be any rangers out. During thanksgiving weekend we had the whole place to ourselves.

Agreed, better than nothing but they do ticket for insufficient flags. Fwiw the flags are not to appease them, it's to prevent this :eek:

[video=youtube;EiYHtCK3bpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiYHtCK3bpA[/video]

:D And no, a flag wound't have prevented that situation but it's fun to watch. Caution - Language!

Have fun guys!

DaveN

I have an extra flag someone can borrow if they need
I'm just barely leaving Salt Lake right now ...Don't wait for me obviously but please let me know what direction y'all end up going and hopefully I can meet up with the group.

What CB/ham channel?

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk