RME Weight loss Challenge

ElJefe

uh. . .
I already lost my weight, but thought I'd put it up.

age 32
weight 165, was 210. goal is 175. confusing huh?

When I got married me and my wife both gained weight. and we stayed there for quite a few years. I worked at IRS and sat on my but all day eating junk food. 6 years ago I got a job at Utility Trailer as a shear operator and dropped down to 195. stayed there for a while. I started cutting out junk food. then totally cut out pop. dropped down to 180. Me and my wife joined Family Total Health Club in Ogden about 3 months ago. We hit most of the classes, I go and lift every morning before work and now I'm down to 165, but wanna build back up to 175. My diet is drastically different now then it was. Mostly a vegetarian diet. I'll have chicken or fish a few times a week, totally no red meat, but thats just a personal thing, nothing against it. but thats me.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Nice. Way to go!

I've been running pretty hard--about 10-12 miles per week (that's hard for me ;) ) and eating a spinich salad with some grilled chicken at night. I'm finally under that stupid 188 threshold and down to 186. 6 more to go in 24 days.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Nice. Way to go!

I've been running pretty hard--about 10-12 miles per week (that's hard for me ;) ) and eating a spinich salad with some grilled chicken at night. I'm finally under that stupid 188 threshold and down to 186. 6 more to go in 24 days.

That's some good mileage Cody! I used to run 4-5 miles a day and it didn't faze me one bit. Wish I was back in that position again, I felt great.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I toyed around at the 188 mark for a week or so, but I think I've finally beaten it! I've been right around 185 for a few days, and weighed in at 183.8 this morning. The lightest I've weighed in about 4 years was 182, but two days later I was back to 188. now that I have 180 in my sights, maybe I'll go for 175. I still have some extra I can lose.

I've been running 3.1 miles (5k) 4 days per week trying to get below 25 minutes (can't seem to do it damnit) so that is keeping me motivated. I'm getting close and I think I can get it next week week.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Still right around 205-210 (208 last night.) Still losing fat though, as there is not much left of the belly. Looked at some pics of me from last year, why didn't any of you tell me I was turning into the Blob???

Bucking Bronco

Well I figure its about time I post in this thread. about 3 months ago I hit an all time high of 250lbs and since then I have been hitting the gym and due to some other personal issues I am happy to hit the scale today at 209.8 lbs I have not weighed this in almost 6 years. I am working to a goal of 200 then switching from strictly cardio to weight training to build up some muscle mass. I have been running around 30 miles a week and eating better I have a long way to go before I actually feel healthy but I am amazed at what actually eating right and working out can achieve.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Well I figure its about time I post in this thread. about 3 months ago I hit an all time high of 250lbs and since then I have been hitting the gym and due to some other personal issues I am happy to hit the scale today at 209.8 lbs I have not weighed this in almost 6 years. I am working to a goal of 200 then switching from strictly cardio to weight training to build up some muscle mass. I have been running around 30 miles a week and eating better I have a long way to go before I actually feel healthy but I am amazed at what actually eating right and working out can achieve.

Awesome man, that's a great improvement!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Nice! I've been floating between 183 and 185 for the past few weeks, but I haven't been running due to an injured foot. Hoping to get back to it in the next week or so.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
It has begun.. For real this time... I've finally been motivated to hit the gym.. I'm starting to like going.

We bought a scale that measures BMI, water weight and some other things.. Good to now know, since I was wondering, that i'm 78% water ballon w/ 83% fat... Ok, so it wasn't that bad.. But still..

I'm starting out at 196-197lbs, target weight ~ 175lbs.. for now..

So far i'm at the gym 2-3 times a week.. I'm actually on the verge of giving up soda.. Not sure that I can do that though.. I assume I should cut back on cheese intake.. I love the cheese. My love for cheese goes as far as cheese in one fist, handgun in the other.. You don't touch my cheese..

Other than that.. I've made a goal to cut 99% of fast food out of my meals, and to be smart about what I order if I do go ~ limit 1 per week..

I'm eating smaller snack type foods throughout the day to avoid the sudden must-eat-fast-food addiction that comes around noon.. Wendy's #4, I hate you....

Well.. That's it.. We'll see how long I can keep this up, and maybe cut out soda and other stuff.. For now, i'm just trying to stay focussed on going to the gym a few times a week.

baby steps

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
It has begun.. For real this time...

I'm down about 12 pounds since November. Starting back on the bike tonight.

I hate winter. I have no motivation to go outside and freeze my lungs, but I told myself things were going to change both with my weight (which has been outta hand since I was diagnosed with hypothyroid on my mission and only got worse with working in an office for the past 4+ years), and in my career which I feel a need for a change. So I'm going to get reintruduced to a former best friend tonight and ride for a while.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
My goal this winter is a little different. I also hate going outside to exercise, and I hate the tradmill. I always gain about 15 lbs between November and February, so I'm trying to avoid that. I'm at 191 right now, which is hte lowest I've been in January for 4 years? let me think out loud...

Jan 2006 = 207
Jan 2007 = 202
Jan 2008 = 199
Jan 2009 = 196
Jan 2010 = 191

182 is the lightest I got last year....I think this year I can hit 180 or so.

sixb

Will work for beer!
I haven't weighed 180 since the 9th grade lol. I currently weigh about 260 and would like to be at 240. I always stayed around 240-250 for many years but since I turned 40 4.5 years ago and added 3 more little kids to the mix I am not as active as i use to be with fishing, hunting hiking & skiing. So last October I bought a bicycle and started riding it to work every day and didn't really lose any weight but sure felt a lot better and stronger. Not really sure how I'm gonna lose the weight though because my diet is already really good and I don't drink sodas either. The only bad things I ever eat is when I go out for lunch about 3 times a week and drink about a 12 pk of beer per week. Maybe I'm just destined to be a big dude:D

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
My recommendation is find something you enjoy. I used to hate the gym, and by used to I mean I hate the gym. I hate running outside a little less than the gym, and I enjoy hiking, snowboarding, and basketball. I also enjoy pushing myself and being a little competitive, thus the triathlon thing--it gives me a goal to meet which makes the typical monotony of logging miles on foot/bike/pool a little less soul draining. But, whenever I have a chance to do something active that I enjoy, I go and do it because it's better than the alternatives.