!!! RME'rs Place 1st & 2nd: Dirt Riot Mountain Series !!!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
These RME'ers did awesome at the Cortez Dirt Riot and finished strong in the Mountain Series.

If you see these guys, make sure you congratulate them!

Capt Rob Flandro and Nick Schaefer Co-pilot
3rd place and 1st place overall in the Mountain Series Stock Trail Class.
1 lap finished.

1014095_10151796563500348_880105716_n.jpg

Raw Footage (there is a little language when they broke)
[video=youtube;-6lEQK3Lhz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6lEQK3Lhz8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

And
Rawlin McGhie and Casey Beach Co-Pilot
Finished 2nd and 2rd place overall in the Mountain Series Stock Mod Class.
5 laps finished

1003826_4303796652114_78732803_n.jpg

photo.php

1044967_10151723787860926_2110394779_n.jpg

Series.points.nonpro.7.06.13.jpg

http://www.werocklive.com/2013/dirt-riot-season-points-standings-2/
Also note Victor Buness placed in the Southwest Series and Chris Kranwinkle Competed.

These guys traveled a lot for this series and they worked very hard to place so well. Both very humble competitors.
Congrats Friends! You guys Rock!

//

Please share your pictures here!

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Well done racers and support teams!!!

Been following these guys records all year, great to see some known local folks doing a completely awesome job!!! Don't forget the story about Casey Beach helping out Rawlins in a jam with his cooling system too last weekend... Plus all the support from Low Range Offroad who's a big player on RME as well and all other local sponsors as it takes a ton of work to get to where they are in the racing circuit! Great local scene from my perspective, def keeps me really interested in the sport.

Quote from Rawlin on FB
"We started off great and were picking off more and more people and our lap times were getting faster and faster. Then we developed a leak in our radiator and lost fluid. After a stop and putting all of our water in the car. Casey Beach stayed out of the car and decided to run to a river up course and I would meet him for some more water. He ran the whole way in 101 degree weather in a fire suit. After getting some more water in th car and some spare water I continue to run. After 3 more water stops we finished in 2nd. Big thanks to all my sponsor's and friends."

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
thanks Stratton! this summer of racing has been so amazing! ive learned a ton and met so many awesome people. the dirt riot family is full of wonderful people! the cortez course was in my opinion the hardest course this year. sadly nick and I only made it about a lap and a half before our input on our tcase broke(same thing that happened in rock sports last year) but we did get the fastest lap in our class and we had a pretty killer lead on everyone when it broke. we had a good season of dirt riots, we raced well and got lucky a bunch(in racing its better to be lucky than good) in points we got 1st in the mountain series as well as 1st in the southwest series. we are currently the points leader nationally and we although the competition is very strong, mostly has bigger motors and way better suspension, we have high hopes of bouncing back with vengeance and kicking some butt in the texas dirt riot national championship. my good friend rawlin has also had an awesome year in his class. this last race was very intense for him, he had an epic second place. I believe he took 2nd in the mountain class and 3rd in the southwest class. I cant thank my sponsors enough I don't have many but the ones I have are excellent, armed work wear for keeping my knees happy, Creighton and maxxis for making sure I have the best tires, armor coatings keeping the parts looking fresh, and low range off road, the guys at low range are truly the best, service, knowledge, and parts. with out lowrange I wouldn't be able to do what I do. our next event is the goldendale rock crawl, olly bradstreet will be spotting for me so stay tuned for updates from that!

Bart

Big congrats to Captain Flandro, Rawlin, Casey and Nick. The time, resources and commitment to run a series like this is unbelievable and it takes a lot of work to just finish, let alone finishing well. Way to go guys.

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
Wow Thanks guys. This has been a great year for us. This is our second year in the Dirt riot series. I cant say enough good things about the people who run this event and the family it has become. Last year it was all new to us and we had multiple DNF's. We went home and decided to do some work and change some things and boy did it work this year! Not to say we haven't had our share of problems but thats racing. Somehow someway we get it fixed and keep on moving and finish every race. The Dirt Riot events are a Endurance style race. The courses range form 4 to 8 miles and it goes down to whoever can make the most amount of laps in a given amount of time. If you are looking into racing i would Highly recommend the Dirt Riot series. So our plan at the start of this year was to just race the mountain series races. So the first race of the Dirt Riot events was a southwest series event in Congress AZ. We didn't go to this race which would come back to bite us in the a$$. Then the first race of the mountain series was in Moab over EJS we went to this race and started out strong and about mid way thru the race we relised the motor was getting hot so we backed off our race pace just to try and keep it cool and finished with out first Dirt Riot finish which was also our first podium finish. 2nd place! Then the next race was in cedar city utah and that was also a southwest race. We did go to this race. My co driver Casey couldn't make this race so i raced solo. Man did i miss having him there to keep me on track. I ran a great race and finished with another 2nd place. I did miss 3 or 4 turns and have to turn around! So at this point i was wishing i had gone to congress because now i am convinced i want to do both series. Next up we went to colorado springs for the 2nd stop of the mountain series. This race was at the Ram offroad park. It was a blast. We got stuck in a rock section on the first lap. Casey got out of the car to see if we could find something to winch off and soon relised the winch rope would only come out 6 feet of so because it was pinched on itself. Just as we thought we were done out of the dust came Robbie. Casey spotted him over the rocks the hard way because we were blocking the easier way. Just as he was over the rocks he backed up and gave us a big tug off the rock. Saved our race! Just as we were about to get back in a go we saw the rear driveline hoop we had on the car for the LOORS series was broke and stuck on the driveline. So in a flash me and casey had the rear driveline off and back on. We got back in the car and took off. We were now 4 to 5 cars back in our class. After 3 or 4 laps of driving the wheels off the car we took home another 2nd place. Next up was cortez colorado which they now had combined into a mountain and southwest series race. Race Day was a beautiful, Hot, No wind day. We started 13th car back in our race and 2nd in our class. The first 2 laps would be our slowest laps but the hardest to keep on course. The dust was insane. Multiple times i found myself getting up behind somebody and driving just by looking at their car. After the first 2 laps we had passed 10 cars and were still in 2nd in our class with some clean air finally. This is when Casey and i decided we wanted the win. Everytime i would let off the gas just a little for a turn or dust casey was quick to say GO GO GO. After driving the car on 2 wheels multiple times and jumping the river crossings we could see 1st place dust. As we came through for the start of our 5th lap we were 30 seconds behind. Still pushing as hard as we can i looked at the temp and it was climbing fast. Just as i went to tell casey we were getting hot we could see steam and water leaking. So we stopped and ripped the hood off and now we can see we have a small hole in a coolant line. After dumping all our water on the radiator to cool it off Casey said go do the half lap in the sand and i will meet you at the river crossing and we can get more water. So off i went trying to get to the river before it go hot again. As i got to the river i see casey filling up the water jug and he doesn't look good. So i get out and start helping fill water and i can now see that casey is exhausted and hot! So i told him to lay in the river. I made a few trips back to the car to fill it up and casey is laying in the river in a fire suit! After filling my car and the spare jug i asked Casey if he was going to be ok. He said "Im not going to die but im also not leaving this river" So i said ok im out ill come get you after the race! I proceeded on now back down into 4th place. Still trying to run at race pace i got myself back into second and the car was starting to get hot again. Only about a mile from the finish line i stopped and used up my spare water and took back off to another 2nd place finish!
We never gave up at any of these races and it payed off. So we still have the national finals which are in bridgeport texas in Oct. We finished 2nd in points in the Mountain series and 3rd in the Southwest series. This also put us in 2nd place in national cup points going into Texas. Non of this would be possible without great friends and great companies backing us. So If i can ask all my RME friends if you need any work or parts please support the company supporting our sport. Low range off Road, Armor Coatings, Reid Racing, Bestway Trailers, JRat offroad, Howe Steeringand All about you family salon and Kyle Wells Photography

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
Some Pics from the Races. I will get the video up off all the events when i finish editing.

Attachments

• cedar city 1.jpg
    cedar city 1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 11
  • colorado springs 1.jpg
    colorado springs 1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 12
  • colorado springs 2.jpg
    colorado springs 2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 11
  • dirt riout.jpg
    dirt riout.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 11
  • moab 1.jpg
    moab 1.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 9

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
pics

Attachments

• cedar finish.jpg
    cedar finish.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 9
  • cortez finsh.jpg
    cortez finsh.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 10
  • moab finish.jpg
    moab finish.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 8
  • colorado springs finish.jpg
    colorado springs finish.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 7

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
Pics and some 2 wheel motion.

Attachments

• ok.jpg
    ok.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 5
  • ok 2.jpg
    ok 2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 5
  • ok1.jpg
    ok1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ok 3.jpg
    ok 3.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 8

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
Bump Bump. Robbie and I are headed to texas this week for the Dirt Riot National finals! Robbie is currently in first place Nationally in his class and im sitting strong in 2nd place Nationally in my class. We will update this when we get home. We are hoping to both bring some National hardware back to Utah!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Good luck guys

What's it you guys always said, "roll it or blow it"? Whatever you do, have fun and don't come home with regrets.