Rock Crawling

Is there any interest in rock crawling competitions like UROC used to do years ago?

• Participating as a spectator

Votes: 50 46.3%
  • Participating as a competitor

Votes: 49 45.4%
  • Participating as a sponsor

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Participating as a Judge

Votes: 8 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Craig S

Commando
Is there any interest in plain old rock crawling competitions like UROC used to do years ago either as a spectator, competitor, judge or sponsor? Please vote on this poll.

Last edited:

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
Yes for sure, bring back the old UROC style and I'd be there in a hurry.

I used to watch the old comps and oh, how things have changed. Those old UROC comps were so much fun.

If someone;)brought back the old UROC style that would be killer. I would be interested in watching, judging and possibly competing.

Meat_

Banned
VERY, I have no interest in what comps have become.

I would spectate and help where I could on an old school competition.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Old-school was fun! Too bad the poll doesn't allow more than one choice, cuz even if I couldn't compete I'd at least like to watch or maybe judge. :cool:

Make a 4Runner class. ;)

NE_Utah

Old school was the ****. And no more man made courses. If old school was brought back I would compete. I use to love to watch Craig when the Comando was a comando:rofl:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Old-school was fun! Too bad the poll doesn't allow more than one choice, cuz even if I couldn't compete I'd at least like to watch or maybe judge. :cool:

Make a 4Runner class. ;)

Or compete and sponsor?

Don't make a 4-runner class... I just sold mine:-\

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I like the natural courses, and the comradery hanging out in the parking lot and having beers afterwards.

natural competitiveness will eventually take over and it will become too difficult for the average joe wheeler to compete with the guys that have full out rock buggies and too expensive for average joe wheeler to afford to fix all the breakage trying to.

If you set up clear class restrictions then people will just try to stretch the rules. If you take the purse away then it's not worth it for me to come out and risk doing 5000 in damages for a 500 purse.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i think i discovered rockcrawling right as UROC took it's turns and started the growing pains... so basically, i think i missed the "fun" UROC...

if a fun rockcrawling event or series comes out i will most definately be a part of it!

-Jason

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I think it was more fun when everybody knew eachother and were friends just hangin out. Plus x2 on the beers afterwords;)

The first two years of Utah Rockcrawling & Offroad Challenge was a LOT more fun that I thought it would be. I had a lot of fun spotting Creighton. I always wanted to drive, too, but didn't have a rig that was worthy. I had to drop out cuz I couldn't afford a divorce.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I was gonna say, should be multiple choice, but to answer shortly:

YES!!! I'm interested in all of the above. :D I missed the early days, so it would be awesome to get a second chance.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Is there any interest in plain old rock crawling competitions like UROC used to do years ago either as a spectator, competitor, judge or sponsor? Please vote on this poll.

Too bad I'm 2000 miles away now. I really enjoyed the one year I got to participate as a judge while you were still running the show. I was bummed when you decided to get out of the organization part of it.

I agree with previous comments about old school comps, keep it small, keep it fun. As someone else stated, as soon as some big money rigs start showing up, it detracts from the local feel, and the competition and egos start getting too big. People begin to have too much invested in the comps and you get arguing with calls, nit picking and 'stretching' the rules - anything to win. I think the fun begins to seep out of it when that starts happening.

One year, the U4WDA had a winter rodeo (2002 I think...I actually took first overall). It had several different things - slow hill climb, obstacle course, barrel racing, blind driver...maybe a couple other events. It was really fun, nobody got stressed if they didn't win, everyone just had a lot of friendly competition - anyone could have won it. That is the kind of thing I would be interested in being involved in.