Rock Junction 2012

Badbuggy

rock star
We, (the Grand Mesa Jeep Club) ,are starting to work on the Rock Junction trips for 2012. We are going to have stock size trails, and monster buggy trails.
To get me in the mood to work on this project, I thought I should re-visit the buggy group I lead last year. While 6 other groups were running other trails,
here is Area BFE, Rangely, and 21 Road, done in three consecutive days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1OPTlliFQc&list=UUA9PG8U9T9UgEbeY1xbu8FA&index=1&feature=plcp

[video=youtube;L1OPTlliFQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1OPTlliFQc&list=UUA9PG8U9T9UgEbeY1xbu8FA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Badbuggy

rock star
Some of the trails will no doubt be the same. But while I was running these three trails, others ran trails in Montrose, and Grand Junction, that I did not run. There were 6 different groups. Some of those were smaller tire groups, but there were two full on buggy groups, and two full body 37 and up tire groups. Not sure if the groups will be divided the same again this year or not. The good thing about it is the people you are running with are in similar rigs. PM me your e-mail, and rig info, etc, and I'll get you the information.

Badbuggy

rock star
I am getting some PMs about the dates for 2012...

Wednesday, May 30th, Thursday ,May 31st, Friday June 1st, and the Offroad Show in Grand Junction on the 2nd of June, Saturday.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Some of the trails will no doubt be the same. But while I was running these three trails, others ran trails in Montrose, and Grand Junction, that I did not run. There were 6 different groups. Some of those were smaller tire groups, but there were two full on buggy groups, and two full body 37 and up tire groups. Not sure if the groups will be divided the same again this year or not. The good thing about it is the people you are running with are in similar rigs. PM me your e-mail, and rig info, etc, and I'll get you the information.

PM Sent. Sounds like fun.

Badbuggy

rock star
We have been working with the BLM and are going through the permit process now. That is step one. By the end of this week we will have a schedule worked out as to what trails are available for which days. I figure, most of the trails we ran last year will be available this year. It is just now taking shape. The dates are correct, May 30th and 31st and June 1st, with the Offroad SHow on June 2nd.

Sure hope you can make it.

Badbuggy

rock star
Yes, this time around we will have trips for stock 4x4s, and trips for everything up to wild and crazy buggies. This is the 50th anniversary of the Jeep Club, and will be working hard to include smaller tire rigs. Some great exploration routes all around this area of the country.

Badbuggy

rock star
Rock junction! 2012

The biggest 4x4 event in Western Colorado will start with trail runs on May 30th. The three days of trails will be followed by the Offroad Show in Grand Junction, on Saturday, June 2nd, and the desert clean up on Sunday the 3rd of June.
The Grand Mesa Jeep Club will be working hard to organize the outstanding event. The trial runs are under permit from the Grand Junction BLM field office, covering the areas of Montrose, and Rangely, and Grand Junction. The permit also works with the Moab field office, and the Grand Junction Forest Service field office.

If you, or someone you know wants to be part of the event, you must pre-register. We need your name, names of passengers, information about your vehicle, and your e-mail address. E-mail your information to the Grand Mesa Jeep Club at grandmesajeepclub@gmail.com

This year we need to cover the cost of the BLM permit, so each applicant will need to send in $25.00 per person to cover those expenses to the Grand Mesa Jeep Club at GMJC, P.O. box 4915, Grand Junction, Colorado , 81502

This year we will offer trails for stock vehicles, and every tire size up from there. You will be on the trail with vehicles built similar to your own. We will cover one trail a day for 3 days in a row in each class of tire size. Some trails are scenic, some explore the backcountry, some are challenging, some are extreme.

You are responsible for your lunch, and housing, but we will have some reduced rate opportunities available. We will feed the group at a cook out each evening. Camping spots are available too.
Your vehicle requirements, are, a valid registration, or OHV sticker, and insurance.

We are limited to a certain number of rigs each day, so applications are first come first serve. The members of the Grand Mesa Jeep Club will have first consideration, then alumni from the last two years of Rock Junction, then members of the Colorado 4 Wheel Drive association, Then everyone else, until we fill up.

You can ask questions here, or by PM, or E-mail. Jeep Diva, Wally, and I are the best connections to the event. If you know someone who went last year ask them if they had a great time. The event is growing each year, and is fast becoming the must attend event of the summer. Sign up now, the sooner the better. We need applications in by April 17th. We will see you on the trail.

Last edited:

Badbuggy

rock star
Here is the flyer for the Show on Saturday June 2nd.
GMJC2012-flyer-2012-FINAL1.jpg

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I think I'm probably in! Just need to figure if I can fit my White Rim trip between this and the BBQ - that'd be a heck of a week!

maveric

Crawler Collecter
I am probably only going to be able to make 1 or 2 of the 3 days this year. I will be getting back from a Denver area class on tuesday, so probably only be able to make the thur/fri trails. What trails are they planning for the 35-37" tire/ full bodied rigs? I will probably take my excab Toyota.