Rock Krawler LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
I currently have the Gen 2 kit on my XJ and Have access to a Gen 1 for a TJ, Since my TJ is in need of LA's, who has or has used this kit, any pics?

1BadZJ

UNI-Bomber
What kind of pictures are you looking for? I don't have any close up pictures of the TJ. I have a buddy who runs the gen 1 and beets the hell out of it and it never brakes. The gen II has more flex. Scott Creasey has TJs with the Gen 1 and Gen II on it.

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
fyi, i am not sure if this applies to tj's but i have heard and seen pics of a lot of people breaking the first gen xj la's
you probably already know that, being that you are an xj guy as well, but i thought i'd warn you anyway

rockkrawler

Gen I is gone!! Gen II is BAD BOY

xj_punk said:
fyi, i am not sure if this applies to tj's but i have heard and seen pics of a lot of people breaking the first gen xj la's
you probably already know that, being that you are an xj guy as well, but i thought i'd warn you anyway

As per the people with the GEN I did they Break the RK parts or the welds on there axle!!! I Know that anyone who had problems was warranty for free!!! Even if it was the installers fault.

Gen II bad boy Lifetime warranty!! I think this says enough

Scott Creasey

*Edit by Mod - Please become a registered vendor and help support the board before you plug your business*

Ken

Hickey said:
Here we go again...
HA HA VERY FUNNY!!!
I will also back scott up here my kit broke the factory axle bracket on my dana 30. I needed to weld it up and gusset it up. Ya sure I was pissed that it broke and it was a pain in the ass getting it home, but I thought that the axle bracket would hold up and I'm sure that after seeing this happen RK redesigned their kits and now there's no problems with that.
Other than that I've beat the hell out of my kit and the arms hold strong it was just a poor design for the gen one.

Last edited:

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
1BadZJ said:
What kind of pictures are you looking for? I don't have any close up pictures of the TJ. I have a buddy who runs the gen 1 and beets the hell out of it and it never brakes. The gen II has more flex. Scott Creasey has TJs with the Gen 1 and Gen II on it.

looking for the mounting to the frame.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Hickey said:
Here we go again...

i'm sorry, i knew it was coming too...
this thread will be gone soon i am sure
i honestly didn't mean to start it again, i was just voicing honest opinions. i didn't even bash

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
None taken from either of you. I just need some pics of the frame mounts for a Gen1 TJ kit, We (k9lowe) and I got this kit for his XJ but since its for a TJ, Im thinking of using it, however all the RK kits now are Xfactor and different. Since this kit is incomplete Ill need to fab alot of missing parts to make it work, and 100$ for long arms, regardless the brand is not a bad deal in my book.....

I dont give 2 squirts whats taken place in the past or why the threads have been deleted. If this ones deleted, Ill keep posting it until I get the answers I need. I never bash any tech threads on this baord, nor do I expect it from any of you.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
1BadZJ said:
let me see if I can get some pictures to help you out.

Thanks man, if its similar enough to the Xfactor Ill just order up the belly up skid plate with the mounts, but if its closer to the XJ mounting Ill just make the mounts.

jrpcinders

first gen

I had that lift and I also broke the front mounts while I was on the rubicon and I had to weld it to get it off the trail. I can see if I can get some pictures of what you need and it should be good because there is no back half. I will have to go out to the shop where it is and I plan to go there the first of the year if you can wait that long.

Ken

Badcop said:
looking for the mounting to the frame.
Well on my gen 1 kit they had two brackets that would go between your factory tansfercase skid and frame. The brackets had holes in em so you could just bolt it right up in there and then after bolting you could weld along the sides. You'd need to cut your stock lower mounts off your frame like greg did in his write up for his long arm kit. Just gusset the **** outta that drivers side axle bracket.
Find someone that has em and measure up then make em yourself or go all out with some fab job like you're talking.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Ken said:
Well on my gen 1 kit they had two brackets that would go between your factory tansfercase skid and frame. The brackets had holes in em so you could just bolt it right up in there and then after bolting you could weld along the sides. You'd need to cut your stock lower mounts off your frame like greg did in his write up for his long arm kit. Just gusset the **** outta that drivers side axle bracket.
Find someone that has em and measure up then make em yourself or go all out with some fab job like you're talking.

It sounds alot like a cross between what RE is using now and what RK has on the XJ, I think with that and there 3 link rear I can figure it out, thanks guys, well except Jeremy....lol :shawn: :hickey:

Is it like the GEN I on ZJ's?
If it is...Here's some pics...the mounting to the "frame" is the brackets from the kit...The radius arm is different...and WAY better than the kit..
ZJ013.jpg

ZJ012.jpg

ZJ006.jpg

If you wanna see more pics...They're HERE
Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Ken

It's similar on the xj's but your radius arm is much better than mine and I'd suggest you try to do something like that bad cop if you can fab up that drivers side arm to mount above the diff. Creasy sells the dam things so just talk to him and he may have some extra brackets even. Worth a shot. ;)

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Scott - check the AOL email I snapped a picture of these and sent em to yah, also try answering your phone.....lol :D

James - thats exactly what I needed, It is very similar to those, is the rear lower arms mounted the same as the front?

rockkrawler said:
THe frame brackets are RK but those arms arent. What are they??
Well after the RK arms ripped off my entire spring bucket and LCA bracket from the axle....I got some custom arms built....The single radius going to the stock location was a HUGE improvement.
Badcop said:
James - thats exactly what I needed, It is very similar to those, is the rear lower arms mounted the same as the front?
I'm at work right now and they block photobucket, so I can't go find a pic right now...I think you could find one of you go through that link I posted....If not I'll post some up when I get off.
The mounting in the rear is a bit different... The uppers are mounted with a piece of channel, I'd guess about 3x4x6....Just a guesstimate....The pics will tell all :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.