rock krawler products

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorkAlert

Well you are partly right about th e spatter however if it was MIG then RK has serious issues with personel. It looks like stick to me. Besides the spatter, wich should have been cleaned up before powder coating, is that one of the shackles was welded together crooked, may not mean anything to you but to me it should be at the 90.

If you get spatter from your MIG I suggest you buy some argon.

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
DorkAlert said:
Well you are partly right about th e spatter however if it was MIG then RK has serious issues with personel. It looks like stick to me. Besides the spatter, wich should have been cleaned up before powder coating, is that one of the shackles was welded together crooked, may not mean anything to you but to me it should be at the 90.

If you get spatter from your MIG I suggest you buy some argon.

I highly doubt the shackles are hand welded....ever seen automated welding?? Spatter can result. What is crooked? the center link or one of the sides?

DorkAlert

Yeah...that is what is strange....I would sware that you would use something automated, right? But I swear it looks like someone was learning how to use stick.

The sides are not straight relative to the bushings link on the top of the shackle...I'm not so sure that this kind of welding can be automated judging by the angles. i could be wrong though.

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
DorkAlert said:
Yeah...that is what is strange....I would sware that you would use something automated, right? But I swear it looks like someone was learning how to use stick.

The sides are not straight relative to the bushings link on the top of the shackle...I'm not so sure that this kind of welding can be automated judging by the angles. i could be wrong though.

Yeah, I don't know if they could be automated or not either (I just went to the site and checked em out) Nonetheless, you outta come check out the Hero and the abuse we dole out on it before making a final dicision....but hey its your call. :-\ :D

S

sukaB

I hate rust and machine welds!!!! :eek:
Ever seen a Chrysler robot,,
We put your DAD out of work now he's a COP weld!!!!

Specially on new products..
Oversea's stuff comes pre-rusted.... :ugh:

Giddyup :suka:
It's all about the hand built products..

S

sukaB

sukaB said:
I hate rust and machine welds!!!! :eek:
Ever seen a Chrysler robot,,
We put your DAD out of work now he's a COP weld!!!!

Specially on new products..
Oversea's stuff comes pre-rusted.... :ugh:

Giddyup :suka:
It's all about the hand built products..

Damn I make myself laugh :rofl: :rofl:

I get alot of spatter when I weld a little hot without the spray....
The question is do they fail?????? :-\

Then worry..

DorkAlert

sukaB said:
Damn I make myself laugh :rofl: :rofl:

I get alot of spatter when I weld a little hot without the spray....
The question is do they fail?????? :-\

Then worry..

Oh..For street driving the welds are fine. I certainly wouldn't want to take them anywhere else though. I think there is a general flaw in the entire design of the shackle. Easily fixed though. I just don't think they are worth a hundred bucks. 30 -50 sure its on that level. The quality just doesn't merit as much as I paid for them.

DorkAlert

P.S. There is no possible way the welds are done by machine. With out a doubt they are hand made. I'm having a master welder at UVSC look at them tomarrow.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Look, I think you guys are totaly mis-understanding me. I am always open to others opinions, contrary to how you have interpreted what I have said. If you are not trying to bash RK then why did you start this thread? I don't mean to offend. I have met Jeremy from RK and talked to him alot about his lift kits and have been a fan ever since, I am loyal to those who are loyal to me. If you think I'm a moron come see my work and my viehicles, and the way I do things.

Andy

Oops I forgot, I better tell you your opinions are welcome!

S

sukaB

If you think I'm a moron come see my work and my viehicles, and the way I do things.Andy

Hey I've seen your work :eek: Hehehehehhe
J/k
What vehicles! the one that don't run yet...... :p
Hurry up.

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
sukaB said:
If you think I'm a moron come see my work and my viehicles, and the way I do things.Andy

J/k
Hurry up.

It runs biatch, I got that thing wired and we fired it the other night, sounds real nice. It is almost done, I would have to guess by Saturday or at the latest next week....

Andy

aka. Hollywood
sukaB said:

J/k
Hurry up.

I was going to try and get it done to bring out to the winter rodeo, but that's not going to happen. Maybe next week.

Andy

rockkrawler

Dork \

I am curious if you ordered the base or the rebuildable shackles. I also would like to know how they are not streight. If these are the base shackles

Boomerang Shackles

$99.00/pair

*Adds 1.5" to 2.5" of lift

This is how they are listed and there is nothing about grease zerks. Sorry if you were misled but that is what they are. As to not calling and complaining. I know if I order a cheeseburger and it is raw I send it back. If there were any problems call them.

DorkAlert

Andy said:
Look, I think you guys are totaly mis-understanding me. I am always open to others opinions, contrary to how you have interpreted what I have said. If you are not trying to bash RK then why did you start this thread? I don't mean to offend. I have met Jeremy from RK and talked to him alot about his lift kits and have been a fan ever since, I am loyal to those who are loyal to me. If you think I'm a moron come see my work and my viehicles, and the way I do things.

Andy

Oops I forgot, I better tell you your opinions are welcome!

Eh...hemm...

I started this thread to express my expierence with the RK product.

More than that the problems on this thread are quite simple really...You don't seem to have really good reading comprehension or you tend to get caught up in the moment. If you are interperting this as an opportunity for people to bash RK you need re-read the thread. My only point ever is there were two opposing opinions about RK products. I wanted to listen to all, you included, before I made a decision about trying out some product. I decided to play it safe and make a small purchase, boom-a-rang shackles, which unfortunately did not meet my standards. I don't care about thier lift kits and if you would have read the thread from the begining you would understand that if a company is not going to build one componant with the same quality as their super-duper-totally-awsome-extreme-duty lift kits I am not going to drop another dime on them. Law of consumer/producer confidence.

I have never really been interested in getting my money back because as I stated in the beginning I am pretty sure I voided my warrenty when I drilled into the shackles. Either way I don't care. I'm not interested in doing business with Rk and I am confused that you care so much.

I don't care who you are or who you know or who you have met. I think you are a moron because you have poor reading comprehension not because you can or cannot build some vehicle. I don't care about your abilities to be able to build something. It has no bearing on this thread nor on the quality of what RK produces. I suggest you work on taking a class that will teach you how to communicate because in that area you are seriously lacking. Or maybe just a remedial writing class so you can adequately put your thoughts to paper.

Your responses to my posts have never made much sense. In the future, respond with something coherant and to the point instead of childish remarks of a pre-menstral teen-age girl.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
DorkAlert said:
Eh...hemm...

I started this thread to express my expierence with the RK product.

More than that the problems on this thread are quite simple really...You don't seem to have really good reading comprehension or you tend to get caught up in the moment. If you are interperting this as an opportunity for people to bash RK you need re-read the thread. My only point ever is there were two opposing opinions about RK products. I wanted to listen to all, you included, before I made a decision about trying out some product. I decided to play it safe and make a small purchase, boom-a-rang shackles, which unfortunately did not meet my standards. I don't care about thier lift kits and if you would have read the thread from the begining you would understand that if a company is not going to build one componant with the same quality as their super-duper-totally-awsome-extreme-duty lift kits I am not going to drop another dime on them. Law of consumer/producer confidence.

I have never really been interested in getting my money back because as I stated in the beginning I am pretty sure I voided my warrenty when I drilled into the shackles. Either way I don't care. I'm not interested in doing business with Rk and I am confused that you care so much.

I don't care who you are or who you know or who you have met. I think you are a moron because you have poor reading comprehension not because you can or cannot build some vehicle. I don't care about your abilities to be able to build something. It has no bearing on this thread nor on the quality of what RK produces. I suggest you work on taking a class that will teach you how to communicate because in that area you are seriously lacking. Or maybe just a remedial writing class so you can adequately put your thoughts to paper.

Your responses to my posts have never made much sense. In the future, respond with something coherant and to the point instead of childish remarks of a pre-menstral teen-age girl.

Cool, enough said.

Andy

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
DorkAlert said:

Forget about coming and looking at the Hero, ****ing punk. :rolleyes:

Andy's responses have made plenty of sense you are the ass that can't comprehend. It sounds to me that you probably weren't too disappointed with the shackles or you wouldn't have drilled into them to put zerks in. Then again maybe you just have benjamins laying around to spend on "inferior product"

Personally I think you are full of ****, if the product is so bad why haven't you posted a pic yet?? :rolleyes: I will tell you one thing, you sure do know how to burn bridges. stupid ****

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Firstly let me echo....

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES??

secondly,

What constitutes "necessary" and "unnecessary" spatter....spatter happens....it is a standard thing in the welding process, shackles aren't surgical instruments ya know...

thirdly,

Judging a company on something as trivial and low-tech as a shackle is just assanine. Rockkrawler is one of the few companies that tries to be innovative and not just "monkey see/monkey do" in the industry.

You really need to take a closer look at their suspension components, despite your obvious "bridge burning" you need to come check out the suspension on the hero and maybe just fabricate your own if you think rockkrawler is not up to "par".

we will be there all afternoon. call me at 710-5368....but watch out for bbowski, he has been grumpy lately and he DOES bite.....no really....he does bite.....I am not kidding.....

Andy

aka. Hollywood
That's enough, he is right. If he is disappointed with the product he won't recommend it, even if that means dismissing the rest of their products. I think that if he wants his money back RK would probably do it even if he did put zerks in them. I'm the one that looks like the ass, so let him be. I know what he said, and I guess I didn't express my thoughts right. Sorry.

Andy

I don't appreciate the remarks but I guess I deserve them. You don't have to worry about me getting my hands on you but B and Speener? I might even worry a little bit. :eek:

Have a nice day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.