Rockcrawling Comp. idea.....

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by trd270
HEY! whatever happened to this thread is this gonna happen or not?

I was wondering when someone was going to bring this thread back up......I still want to do it, but was thinking about next spring. Winter is nearly here and doing it this year would be next to impossible.

I was thinking of having 2 months of time, one to find a rig and one to build it. The specific date would be unknown, untill the 2 Months before.

My biggest concern though........

It would have to be a 'Fun-Among-Buddies' activity. I don't want a huge crowd, Event Insurance, Porta-Poties, etc...... Basically, I don't want to get sued if someone dies or was seriously injured.
:(

It'll happen.......and you'll be home by then!!!

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i like both ideas, the idea of low-buck comp and run what ya brung comp. i would like to watch, or compete if my heep is done. man i wish i only spent 1k on it. hahaha. all in all it sounds like fun, and that is what matters. i have seen people talk trash to eachother and me. i would like to see everyone compete and back up what they have dished out on the board. it would be fun, and intense at the same time. it might even shut some people up and humble them.
good ideas though, would love to be a part of it, either spectating or competing.
-nate

Lazarus401

Old Time RME'r
How about having a coupla different events. Points awarded in each and then combined for an over all score. Crawling, Dogbone time trials, etc...

This could easily become a once a year thing, that could make alot of dough for a good charity.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Yup, it's a cool (if old) idea. I'd be up for the build-a-beater comp, if I had the garage space. As it is I'll gladly do a run what ya brung comp... A few concerns about the budget comp:

1. The no cage rule, under this rule, I can build a tube buggy, and throw a thousand dollars worth of engine, tranny, and axles in it. Is this the type of vehicle we want to show up, or should there be a rule that says you have to have a stock frame/tub, or something like that?

2. Hypothetically, let's say I buy a YJ for $1000. I then sell the top, doors, tailgate, stock axles, wheels, tires, etc, etc, etc , for $2000. Can I use that $2000 to build the vehicle? Technically I only spent $1000. This is how I built my Jeep, and I had very little money into it because of that.

3. No spectator fees, no official entry fees, no toilets, no sponsors, no fliers/advertising. Once there is big (or medium) money involved it is going to get out of control quick.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
oh man i sure brought up a good old topic. i had no idea it was this old. cool!
-nate