RockGARDEN workparty this weekend!! Sept 21st

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
RockGARDEN workparty this weekend!!

If you missed the last workparty this is your chance to get revenge! We are going to PERMANENTLY close the bypass to the Rockgarden once and for all!! We are also going to be moving rocks around to make it harder, so bring your winch!:)

Agenda:

Meet at Tibble Fork parking area at 9am. We will cruise up to the 'Garden shortly after.

What we're doing: We are going to move some big a$$ logs across the bypass to close it. We are also going to plant about 80 aspen trees in the bypass. Bring: lunch, water, gloves, shovels, and we found that prybars/picks are perfect for planting. The tree part will be done really really fast, in less than an hour. Moving rocks and logs may take a bit more.

If you can bring your rig with winch, please consider the following: chains, straps, tree savers, snatch blocks and gloves. We also need a chainsaw. (Demon??) All in all I think a couple hours will do it if we can get 10-15 people and 5 good rigs.

Besides moving the trees, several people want to re-arrange the rocks below the 'garden. We'll see what time allows us to do.

Sound OFF! Who can come?

EZ:cool:

In addition to what EZ said:

A couple big-ash fallen trees/logs need to be located. Approx 12-18" diameter is what we are looking for, we want to winch these in place, lodged against other trees as natural looking as possible.

Even if you don't have a winch, if you have cable / chain / straps please bring them.

And snatch blocks!!!! Mepco has them for $47

See ya there!

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
COME AWN PEOPLE!!!!!!!! 59 PEOPLE have viewed this thread and so far I've got 4 people that are committed to go up and have some fun playing with winches and moving crap around! Let's see some participation or you have no right to bitch when the FS closes the next trail to our rigs..........

:mad:
EZ

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'll try be there, but the current standing of my truck depends on that. I don't have a winch......yet. I'm also trying to round up people that aren't on this BB.

How many rigs with winches do you think will be needed?

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
I would say two winches would be mandatory, but if we had four we could have two teams working at the same time and get twice as much done.

EZ

Originally posted by Shawn
I really didn't want to miss out on this event, however I have a family reunion that I can't miss.

:(

Bring 'em!!!

I know you'd be there otherwise. Everyone's got stuff going on almost every weekend, that's the trouble. Some you make, some you don't.

I've got a friend coming in from out of town that I'm bringing. He said he wanted to go for a ride in the jeep, bwahahahaha. I told him to pack gloves and boots and grubbies. This will be an tourist experience he couldn't have paid for.

Chains/cables/straps/clevii (?)/snatch blocks are what we need, even if you don't have a winch.

harkinoff

something to do...
sorry EZ, can't make this one, I had made plans with the father inlaw, I'd love to go mess the scout up some more, next time more notice, o.k. :D

Gonna have that open rig with you in case any of the locked rigs can't make it?

:D :D :D

I was up there a week before the Snowbird thing, and ended up with all 4 38s in the air, boulders jammed up under the axles and t-case. Had to winch off.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by Nuber

Bring 'em!!!

I know you'd be there otherwise. Everyone's got stuff going on almost every weekend, that's the trouble. Some you make, some you don't.

I've got a friend coming in from out of town that I'm bringing. He said he wanted to go for a ride in the jeep, bwahahahaha. I told him to pack gloves and boots and grubbies. This will be an tourist experience he couldn't have paid for.

Chains/cables/straps/clevii (?)/snatch blocks are what we need, even if you don't have a winch.

This could be a little hard,,,, I'll be 200 miles away:rolleyes:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I'll tell you what I find interseting,
when this whole Snowbird/Mineral Basin this was going on, every body was jumping in and standing up for the trail. Now that there is an opportunity to change to difficulty rating on this trail nobody wants to help..:confused:

When Randy and I went up and rolled rocks (in the rain mind you) we had a blast.

I still plan to go up prior to the road being closed for the winter and doing some more work.

What's Up??

Too Far

parts is parts
Shawn, if one of you guys will stop by my house and pick me up I'll tag along. I guess I could drive up to the first obstical, but I would be on foot from there.

Ryan

Originally posted by Too Far
Shawn, if one of you guys will stop by my house and pick me up I'll tag along. I guess I could drive up to the first obstical, but I would be on foot from there.

Feel free to jump in with me if you need a ride. So far it's just me, and maybe Greg.