Rockhoppers 5th annual Sudie Run Report

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Great trail ride with the Rockhopper Club today...

Started out with a quick trip up to Miller Hill, EZ Rhino and I detoured a ltille bit to research a couple of places we have been interested in. EZ get some new body work to his fresh paint :(

Great run, great turnout, great club.

AF rules!

:D

S

sukaB

Is this a club your in......!
Local?

I'd like to get into a club again to do some fun trail rides with the chick......I'll let her drive her new YJ...
Would they allow a buggie in...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I am not an official member but invitation to their runs is open... you can find more info here.

http://www.rockhoppers.rockcrawler.com/

You would know alot of the people there B, U4WDA association, some UROC participants, etc.

They were alot of fun to wheel with and all have pretty capable runs, you and the girl would have alot of fun.

grinch

inner city redneck
Yep its a local club.... Im a member but the scrambler is dead and I havent even come close to finishing the 42 willys so I wasnt able to make the run. The club is a good family thing. They usualy plan an outing a month and we do alot of clean ups at the 5 mile area. Most of the trails we do are tame to my standards 3 to 3+ but its still nice to get out...
You might recognise a few of us guys from the UROC comps. I spot for Steve Montgumery with his narrowed K 5 blazer POS thing. Jake Mecham is also a member. He started running the green TJ with the orange cage In the last few events. Todd Adams the U4DA guy is also a member and his wife is the vice prez..... Mike Bear one of the UROC grand marshalls is also a member (if he ever shows up lol). Im sure you would recognise quite a few others that are members.
Stop by the next meeting and give it a look at.

Last edited:
S

sukaB

Cool,
I used to belong to a club called the Oceanside 4wheelers...
Then I hung out at the lone peak things a couple of times but havent really found a good club with good vibes and alot of fun people in it....
What was the clug that used to meet at the pizza place off of 5300 and somethin west...
I thought it was called Rocky mountain 4wheelers????

Maybe a trail run...

grinch

inner city redneck
Like I said the scrambler is dead........ I have been putting all my time and money into building the flat fender buggy. I am sick of having a rig I break every time out..... so fixing the grinch is on back order.... It will be running again somday but not untill the flatty is up n goin.....

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
So Grinch my jeep's green with a orange cage now huh i must be color blind i thought it was blue with a orange cage i better go get my eyes checked i guess. lol

The run was great till i pulled a huge wheelie on the way back to the trailer and dropped my lower right front control arm ohhh well it happens... sometimes dam throttle jockey

grinch

inner city redneck
Be nice Jake I am color blind...... Im not even lying about this one.... Oh ya and HA HA your jeep finally broke.......... I belive youve had a run of bad luck latley......

my4thjeep

I tried to go up there a few weeks ago. There was a big hole in the road that I did't think I could get around. Is there another route around that big hole on the way up to miller hill? Or did you go around the whole where the atv's had gone?

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Originally posted by sukaB
Cool,
I used to belong to a club called the Oceanside 4wheelers...
Then I hung out at the lone peak things a couple of times but havent really found a good club with good vibes and alot of fun people in it....
What was the clug that used to meet at the pizza place off of 5300 and somethin west...
I thought it was called Rocky mountain 4wheelers????

Maybe a trail run...

I've been wanting to join a club also but can't find one i like. it would be nice to belong to a club and go do trails with them.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by my4thjeep
I tried to go up there a few weeks ago. There was a big hole in the road that I did't think I could get around. Is there another route around that big hole on the way up to miller hill? Or did you go around the whole where the atv's had gone?

You are going the wrong way, I assume you are going the way of dutchman flats, yes the hole side of the hill slid out and only 4 wheelers can make it that way, been there for a few years. The way to go is further up, just past the Pacific Mine site. PM me if you need more details or a GPS coord.

Hope this helps... :D