Rocky Mountain Offroad Expo 2015 - Grand Jct, CO

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The Grand Mesa Jeep Club held their annual Rock Junction event, which culminates with the Rocky Mountain Offroad Expo held on Saturday. It ws great to hang out and talk with old friends, check out neat products from the supporting companies and give a little back to land use with the raffle!

While I didn't make it out on the trail for Rock Junction, I had to stop by for the show and enter my JKU. Next year I'd like to hit some of the easier trails for Rock Junction! Here's a bunch of pics from the Expo...

i-35cmLqJ-L.jpg

i-5B36N3H-L.jpg

i-5f2TsvQ-L.jpg

i-xt6KgJg-L.jpg

i-7ZcX3ZK-L.jpg

i-4r9Ftkm-L.jpg

i-3VgxvdR-L.jpg

i-hfDqtCb-L.jpg

i-WtQsvjS-L.jpg

i-j84W3Sb-L.jpg

i-QK9bVmZ-L.jpg

i-dCgTzDb-L.jpg

i-6SDQ2kF-L.jpg

i-pnMS88p-L.jpg

i-dj454kc-L.jpg

unnamed-L.jpg

Dante2-L.jpg

Dante-L.jpg

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
That red FJ40 is Madcow246 on here, been working on it for years just got it done before Memorial Day
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433641520.759200.jpg

Last edited:

madcow246

The Honcho is Chris Overacker from CODE 4x4 in Rifle, CO
I'm not sure if he's a member on RME, but he's a helluva fabricator, and a really nice guy to boot

Greg

Admin
Nice honcho

It was insanely clean, very nice fab work with a ton of attention to detail. I'd say it was my favorite rig at the show!

The Honcho is Chris Overacker from CODE 4x4 in Rifle, CO
I'm not sure if he's a member on RME, but he's a helluva fabricator, and a really nice guy to boot

I do believe he is on here! Your FJ40 sounded mean, looks like it works great too!

madcow246

This is one of Chris' old rigs - a J-10. It was featured in Petersen's (I think) in the late 80's or early 90's, before he drove it off Windy Point at midnight, returning from a day of wheeleing. Windy Point is a turn with a 2000 foot cliff on the Flat Tops north of Glenwood Springs, that overlooks the Colorado River. He's the only person I've ever heard of that survived, because, as (serious) luck would have it, he managed to get hung on the one tree that could have saved him from dropping the entire 2000 feet. He ended up with the driver's side against the tree, looking down at oblivion!... Talk about PUCKER FACTOR!!

Attachments

• Overackers J-10.jpg
    Overackers J-10.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 12

madcow246

Thanks for the compliment! I'm definitely particular about my builds, I like them to look good, but first and foremost, they have to FUNCTION. I certainly had a lot of people ask if I was ever going to finish, but I did get side-tracked building and wheeling several other rigs in the time it took me to build the '40

Greg

Admin
This is one of Chris' old rigs - a J-10. It was featured in Petersen's (I think) in the late 80's or early 90's, before he drove it off Windy Point at midnight, returning from a day of wheeleing. Windy Point is a turn with a 2000 foot cliff on the Flat Tops north of Glenwood Springs, that overlooks the Colorado River. He's the only person I've ever heard of that survived, because, as (serious) luck would have it, he managed to get hung on the one tree that could have saved him from dropping the entire 2000 feet. He ended up with the driver's side against the tree, looking down at oblivion!... Talk about PUCKER FACTOR!!

I'm very familiar with Windy Point, crazy that he got hung up and survived! I'll have to look up next time I'm thru that area on the tracks.

ChrisO

Jeepin' since 1975
Yea, It's me!

Thanks for the kind words!

I, like John (MadCow) enjoy building them as much as driving them. Function first and if it comes out lookin' good in the process, all the better.

This Honcho build as all the serious builders know, took too long and cost too much, but when we get them all drivable (done?), it is worth it.

If there is interest. I'll start a build thread in another section.

Chris @ CODE 4x4

Last edited:

ChrisO

Jeepin' since 1975

Yep, I was there! The only reason I'm typing this is the Good Lord decided it was not my time to check out!
74J10Roll-3s.JPG74J10Roll-4.jpg

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
Thanks for the kind words!

I, like John (MadCow) enjoy building them as much as driving them. Function first and if it comes out lookin' good in the process, all the better.

This Honcho build as all the serious builders know, took too long and cost too much, but when we get them all drivable (done?), it is worth it.

If there is interest. I'll start a build thread in another section.

Chris @ CODE 4x4

I think a lot of our members would love to see a build thread, if you're willing to share! I loved it, you can tell it was a labor of love and you wanted it done the right way. :cool:

Yep, I was there! The only reason I'm typing this is the Good Lord decided it was not my time to check out!
View attachment 99381View attachment 99382

That's insane! :eek:

Bart

WOW, what a story and beautiful work on the Honcho and J 10. You should hang around here more often.