Rubicon Springs SOA with a shackle reversal kit? Is it worth it?

utfireman

I have a 1995 YJ with a SOA, the current springs are factory and are sagging really bad. I am going to replace them and was looking at the Rubicon Express 1.5 SOA springs.

I was wondering how they work with the reverse shackle kit that they offer. Does anyone have this system on their jeep and how do they flex.

What are some PRO's and CON's with this set up?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
With or without the shackle reversal (which is a debate by itself...), the springs are very good quality. They'll give you around 1.5" of lift over stock, which might end up being more like 2" over what you have currently with your clapped-out springs.

If you don't want the extra lift, then a set of HD 6-leaf replacement packs will run you about $100 each.

00harpdawg

i just bought the RE spring over springs for my jeep haven't ran them yet but i love how they are built and seem like really flexy springs. i've heard stay away from shackle reversal with a spring over because it will cause axle wrap in the front. and also when you flex your front pinion rotates down which will cause the front driveline to seperate unless you have a long travel drive line i figured i can deal with the slightly rougher ride over having to put a traction bar in