Rubicon trail = Awesome!!

RockRoach

Well, I just returned from my first trip ever to the Rubicon trail, and I had a blast... We started from the Tahoe side and finished the trail at Loon lake. What an awesome trail! I was very impressed with the scenery and also with how tough the trail was. Here's a quick damage report...

-1 flat tire on the trailer on the way there (fixed w/ a spare tire)

-2 bent tierods on two different TJ's(fixed one with spare tierod, and fixed the other by sleeving it with a highlift handle)

-2 broken dana 35 axle shafts on the same poor YJ... we had to tow the jeep from where it broke at Buck island all the way to Loon lake where he drove all the way back to the tow rigs in front wheel drive. oddly enough, the housing said 35C (which means c clip right?), but the shafts never came out of the housing :confused:

-1 tire that came off the rim on the same YJ (fixed with a spare tire)

All in all it was a memorable trip and I can't wait to go back! I have a few pictures I'll post; mostly scenery but a few action shots...

Caleb

sweet...I will someday make it there...

BTW, 35c doesn;t mean c-clip...it means its 'c'ustom (in other words dana didn't assemble the axle but rather chrysler did)...to tell if its c-clip or not you need to know the year and still then its iffy...:D