Ruk Industries?

tv_larsen

Yes, their web site sucks.

My question right now is, do they exist?

I bought some leaf springs from them on Ebay (they have great feedback) and they claim to offer local pickup. Communication has been PAINFUL. The phone is never answered, messages are never returned, and only half of the emails are replied to and I only receive partial answers. He never confirmed the pick-up address, and only after 3-4 emails did he tell me that I needed to pay for the springs so that he could order them, he needed 2-3 days to get them from Denver. I paid for them 8 days ago and confirmed the Saturday pick-up (today). He emailed me yesterday and asked which location would I like to pick them up, SLC or Layton (they only have a Layton address listed on the auction). I emailed him back as soon as I got home from work last night and I haven't heard anything back.

The auction and their website lists their address as "733 North King Street Suite 207, Layton, UT 84041". I asked my brother (who lives very close) to see if they have my springs. 733 North King Street is a UPS store, and 207 appears to be Ruk's box number at the UPS store.

So now I can't get ahold of him, I've paid for the springs, it looks like they have no physical address, and the seller never offered any other address, pick-up location, or pick-up time.

I'm getting very pissed.

tj1230

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Check with the BBB. If they are not on the "do not buy" list they outta be. Whether they are an existant company or not, a letter having to prove their status from the BBB is quite a pain.

Caleb

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Check with the BBB. If they are not on the "do not buy" list they outta be. Whether they are an existant company or not, a letter having to prove their status from the BBB is quite a pain.
IMO, the BBB is a joke. With my last company that I opened I would constantly get calls from them talking about how they wanted me on their preferred list because of all the positive feedback they had received from my customers...it was quite funny when I informed them I had never sold a single item or made a single transaction of any kind in the name of that company, they were speechless :rofl:

tv_larsen

They emailed me Saturday night to ask me where I was going to pick them up (which I answered in my mail Friday evening).

I confirmed the Layton location, asked again what the address was, and offered a weekday evening pick up. He replied on Sunday and proposed a Tuesday evening pick-up at the UPS Store.

I had my brother pick them up tonight. So he has them now, and I hope they are what I ordered, but they sound like they are. I'll get them from him this weekend then I'll know for sure.

Ruk actually called me this afternoon to apologized for the problems and offered some kind of discount on my next purchase.

This should be resolved now. I hold no ill feelings towards them, but I feel that this could have been a quick and easy purchase if they would have just been straight forward and communicated with me in the first place. A SINGLE phone call could have arranged everything.

tv_larsen

Final update. I got the springs from my brother last weekend. All looked good and I'm happy to finally have them.

Today I looked up the numbers on the springs only to discover that the 4" springs I bought are really 6" springs. Nice, I didn't want 6" springs. I can rebuild the shackle flip and make the 6" spring work, but I shouldn't have to.

tj1230

Glad to hear you got your springs. Sorry under such circumstances. What are you going to do about the extra two inches of spring? How long do you think it would take for you to exchange them?

tv_larsen

It's not worth the hassle, time or the fuel to return and exchange them.

The shackle flip I'm running makes the rear of the spring lower than the front, I can rebuild the shackle mount to raise it 4" and reduce the lift by 2". The spring might even work a little better that way and my shackles won't get as hung up as much. I just hadn't planned on messing with it.

same kinda thing

I bought a set of front and rear shackles from RuK for my 87 yj it took over 2 weeks for the rears to show up and now it is 3 weeks later and still NO front shackles...Glad I'm not in a hurry to finish this project... I sent them an email on Ebay, 3 days later no response so I find the phone # online on their website, call in the middle of the day in the middle of the week and it goes directly to voice mail, next day same thing left a message both times, 2 days later still no response???? Looks like I might have to report them to EBAY just to hear something back from them.. anybody else have a different phone # to reach them at???:mad:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I bought a set of front and rear shackles from RuK for my 87 yj it took over 2 weeks for the rears to show up and now it is 3 weeks later and still NO front shackles...Glad I'm not in a hurry to finish this project... I sent them an email on Ebay, 3 days later no response so I find the phone # online on their website, call in the middle of the day in the middle of the week and it goes directly to voice mail, next day same thing left a message both times, 2 days later still no response???? Looks like I might have to report them to EBAY just to hear something back from them.. anybody else have a different phone # to reach them at???:mad:

Assuming you paid through paypal, that would be the route to take to file a report.

Wish I would've searched earlier. Bought a set of shackles back on 3/9. Nothing. No responses to emails and voicemails.

Stay away from these guys!

Ruk Industries is not a good company to do business with.

they were just bought out they are now based in draper. I orderd 2-2" and 2-1" pucks for my tj last week and they showed up in 2 days.

They still list the same Layton UPS store address that they've had for years. Sounds like improved service and new ownership is a myth.

neagtea

Supporting Member
I had the same communication issues. I needed some ceramic coating on the wifes bike. I find out from kevin at powder extreme coating he does their ceramic work needless to say I had him do them then about a week later I get a call from Ruk. they had a bunch of excuses. I choose not to deal with them.