Rules for EJS

rockbronc

I was just reading the rules for EJS in moab and this caught my attention:RULE 1: " A vehicle must have an integral metal top or roll bar to participate in Jeep Safari and have a street legal license from the registered state." Is this the case? And if so, what about those of us who have Off- Road registered vehicles?:confused:

chans

It says OHV vehicles are not allowed because of having to trailer them to the trail head and unload and some trails exit away from where you parked and can't drive on the road back to the trailer legally.

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
The way it was explained to me by one of the RR4W officials last year was that they don't mind if you Run the trail in an OHV vehicle. But if its a trail that requires HWY or street driving back to the trail head you do it at your own risk.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
It was explained to me that they created this rule to prevent any liability from someone getting a ticket or vehicle impounded while traveling to a trail on the highway.

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
EJS registration is done by license plate number. When I check you in at the line up I check to make sure that the vehicle you are in matches the license plate number on the registration.
With that being said, if you show up in a buggy I make sure you understand you are taking full responsibility for the legality of your vehicle. If you have to trailer it to the trail head I will try to give you time to unload if there is a staging area. If the vehicle is not registered as either an OHV or on highway vehicle I will try and talk you out of going since I have been stopped a few times by LEO’s that check the entire group out. This does not happen often but has happened in the past.
We try to be understanding and as far as I am concerned as long as your vehicle is safe and you adhere to the other EJS rules I will accommodate you. All of the EJS trails are a bit mild for buggies so my advice is if you have one, the official EJS may not be for you, .BFE would be a better choice.
Todd

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Go at a different time and let the event be what it's supposed to be? (not that I have a rockbuggy)

EJS really isn't an event for the hardcore rock buggy crowd, as Todd said most of the trails being run are much more about the scenery and the event is about socializing with others. Now I'm not saying that the rock buggy crowd isn't into that too, but if you've built a buggy that is registered as an OHV, chances are good that you're looking to thrash against the rocks, and thats really not what EJS is all about. So as Marc suggested, your best bet would be to select a different time of the year to go down to avoid the crowds and check out a place like Area BFE.

rockbronc

Mine is not really a buggy, but I got tired of trying to get it to pass i/m every year just to run the trails. It was just easier to get off-road tags.

Attachments

• Lane-0018.jpg
    Lane-0018.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 120
  • Lane-0010.jpg
    Lane-0010.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
EJS really isn't an event for the hardcore rock buggy crowd, as Todd said most of the trails being run are much more about the scenery and the event is about socializing with others. Now I'm not saying that the rock buggy crowd isn't into that too, but if you've built a buggy that is registered as an OHV, chances are good that you're looking to thrash against the rocks, and thats really not what EJS is all about. So as Marc suggested, your best bet would be to select a different time of the year to go down to avoid the crowds and check out a place like Area BFE.

I agree the buggy's can't really do the trails and it inconveniences the trail leaders and RR4W if they do attempt to join the trail rides, but that doesn't mean buggy's should stay away from EJS.

I go to Moab in my buggy for the challenge, the scenery and outside of EJS for the seclusion. Sounds to me like I have common ground with people who join the official trails, just like I have in the past.

Don't tell me we shouldn't go to EJS because I have a buggy. I've been going to EJS for many, many years now and every time I go I donate money directly to the RR4W Mud Fund. I used to go on the official trails and I have family that still does. I make it a point to not go on the official trails on the days that RR4W will be on out of respect.

I like you, you're a good person... but your attitude about this pisses me off. I'm just as comfortable on an easier going trail as I am on anything in BFE. It's not all about "bashing rocks", that's the stereotype that's hurting this sport/hobby.

rockbronc

I agree the buggy's can't really do the trails and it inconveniences the trail leaders and RR4W if they do attempt to join the trail rides, but that doesn't mean buggy's should stay away from EJS.

I go to Moab in my buggy for the challenge, the scenery and outside of EJS for the seclusion. Sounds to me like I have common ground with people who join the official trails, just like I have in the past.

Don't tell me we shouldn't go to EJS because I have a buggy. I've been going to EJS for many, many years now and every time I go I donate money directly to the RR4W Mud Fund. I used to go on the official trails and I have family that still does. I make it a point to not go on the official trails on the days that RR4W will be on out of respect.

I like you, you're a good person... but your attitude about this pisses me off. I'm just as comfortable on an easier going trail as I am on anything in BFE. It's not all about "bashing rocks", that's the stereotype that's hurting this sport/hobby.

I agree 100%!!!!

rockbronc

If I had the money to build a street legal rig that would do what I want to do, then I would build it. Right now money is tight and I'm just trying to have as much fun as I can with what I've got.