Rumored new trail @ 5 mile ?

Tom95YJ

Tom @ Artec
Are you talkin about sidewinder?

If that's what it's called yes that's what I am talking about. Supposedly it was just cut recently . I am trying to find out where exactly it is @ 5mile in relation to Rattle Snake and Constrictor , And how he terrain it compared to the other. 2 trails.

Last edited:

Coco

I have only heard what Sidewinder is like, I havent ran it or anything, but supposedly a really good trail! Last I heard is it should be open VERY soon. Lots of foot work with BLM on it too from what I was told.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I have only heard what Sidewinder is like, I havent ran it or anything, but supposedly a really good trail! Last I heard is it should be open VERY soon. Lots of foot work with BLM on it too from what I was told.

Awesome that it's on BLM radar and they support it. Sounds like a great opportunity

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
We talked to BLM to make sure we were in fact in the open OHV area of 5mile pass. Since it was verified we started running the trail and it got called sidewinder. We were requested to make the trail a loop so that's what we did to keep the travel down. It is currently rated an 8 out of 10 for two of the obstacles. It starts off of rattlesnake and ends up over by sunshine canyon road. There is still some trail maintenance going on and we would like to get some tracks in there so people know where they are going (in open areas you can drive wherever, but we would like people to stay on the trail).

bamacpl

I ran it with some guys & you better have a very capable rig!!! I had to go around most of the "cliffs"!!! It's hardcore!!

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
yay! something to build towards. :)

5 mile is awesome, i'm excited to have more trails to hit out there as my yota build progresses.

anyone have pics of what we can expect on this trail once its open?

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Using the same rating system, what would you rate Constrictor? In other words, how do the two compare?
Good question, I would rate constrictor an 8 because of the nest (an 8 for now anyway...until it gets paved by these guys like I-80 hahahaha) [video=youtube_share;j8BiXnJSSTA]http://youtu.be/j8BiXnJSSTA[/video]

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I just thought that video was funny, no offense to the originator as I know your on here too! Safety first right.... run up and push him over!!! We all capture some crazy stuff out there!

Tom95YJ

Tom @ Artec
We talked to BLM to make sure we were in fact in the open OHV area of 5mile pass. Since it was verified we started running the trail and it got called sidewinder. We were requested to make the trail a loop so that's what we did to keep the travel down. It is currently rated an 8 out of 10 for two of the obstacles. It starts off of rattlesnake and ends up over by sunshine canyon road. There is still some trail maintenance going on and we would like to get some tracks in there so people know where they are going (in open areas you can drive wherever, but we would like people to stay on the trail).

Can you get me a GPS Coord to the trail head , or where exactly it starts off rattlesnake.

Myself and a few buddy's would like to check it out. Most of them are on 35's locked f/r with winches. I would be the smallest with 33's , rear locker a bunch of armor and winch.

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
I just thought that video was funny, no offense to the originator as I know your on here too! Safety first right.... run up and push him over!!! We all capture some crazy stuff out there!

hey now! haha, i filmed those guys out there. thats my buddy sitting in the rocks in the first shot of the toyota, he asks "isnt stacking rocks cheating"? i reply "yeah, but if it gets u up it i guess". :)

no way in hell i would be standing behind that thing! :eek:

oh wow, looks gnarly.. thanx for the pics.

Last edited: