Rumored new trail @ 5 mile ?

eddie d

hahah ok, don't be jealous man... Everyone knows why the trails in there, but since you don't remember (& that you didn't return to help put any of it in) I'll explain how things came to be... That "guy" you mentioned is my buddy Sean & I stay in contact with him often; he was on the 2013 cinco de mayo run on snakes. He's about ready to get a first hand tour of the trail too, once we find a good time to hit it together.

Sooo, back April he sent out some messages to me and a few friends on RME because he thought that area above the steep ledges of rattlesnake would be good area for hard obstacles and since it already had old mine roads on it seemed to be a good candidate. No one had even been up there driving yet except when the mining road was in service in the late 70's to 80's (which I found papers from with the prospectors name & company out of NV, that's a whole other story though ).

On the day we all met up out there the group walked it & drove some of the obstacles. After that I took all the GPS coords I gathered and loaded them to google-earth and determined where it was on a map in reference to the Open OHV outline provided by BLM (that's the only maps that I've been showing so far). After that, the president of bush eaters went to go talk with the BLM to make sure all my facts were correct, they substantiated that they were and provided him with some additional information and the requested printouts of the particular area. I then went back out there and walked the whole thing to pick and choose the perfect lines to put in making it the most intense part of the Sidewinder loop... this would end up being the actual obstacles you hit today on the trail that I help create and sean dubbed sidewinder.
Its awesome, there are 3 spots to do front digs, & multiple obstacle's that provide a challenge for even the most built rigs...all while still being tame enough for the above average wheeler to get through safely.

Next the exit portion of the trail came about a month later. I spent just over 2 months out there doing that section of the trail with a few select friends of the Bush Eaters to make sure a complete loop was created before I took select groups actually out on it to get feedback. After a couple runs with 4 & 5 rigs, we implemented a few things different that were part of trial runs and believe we have a pretty good design for a decent trial that will provide lots of fun for the future.

We haves sign's coming soon which we're hoping to put in before it gets too frozen out there, but I can only volunteer so much time before it get's too overwhelming and I miss other trips. I will admit though... everyone I've taken out there so far loves it (thats about 50 waaay cool rigs)!!! Sometimes it takes 3 hours... sometimes it can take over 5 hours just depends on how fast ya wanna go, how man people you have and what type of rig you drive. I've personally spent over 7 hrs on it with groups above 10.

So without further delay or "peoples" misunderstandings about the trail here's the link to it.

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?99713-Fairfield-UT-Sidewinder-Trail-Loop

there is nothing about u that would ever make me jealous id just like u to bring ur mouth to the trail

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
there is nothing about u that would ever make me jealous id just like u to bring ur mouth to the trail
Then why post up stirring the pot causing more issues, I wrote you off in life dude so this is a request to please leave me alone and don't threaten forum users (public and private)!!! I'm hoping you just drop the sport all together so I never have to see you on the trail again... let alone be threatened by someone close to retirement (I'd tell ya to grow up, but um well yeah your already there)!!! It would have been easy to man up and apologize, and even easier NOT to talk about me or my girl behind our backs. Just remember when ya make your own bed ya gotta lay in it.
Aren't you guys friends?
not anymore, that family has issues talking crap about people behind their backs and that's not type person I would associate with in life. Sigh, now evidently he wants to talk crazy on the public internet forums too where I try to do good for myself, the club and the sport in general. Its ok though, I've got the right friends for the right reasons in my own wheeling community. Just wish he would take the bush eaters 4x4 club off everything he posts to keep the name on the up and up.

Last edited:

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Greg, The only trail that was located out there was a dead end trail that is north of the Sunshine cyn rd. If you look at the maps that Ryan posted you can see, that is an "existing trail only" area. So any trail that was put in prior to the last report taken by the blm is ok but not after. My wife Julie and I sat down with the blm rep and had a good long meeting with them to discuss the area in general. The word from them was to try and preserve the area the best we can, but in the event of a new trail they would like to see an "entrance and an Exit route". Thus reducing the amount of use on any single trail. We were told that any trail that was a dead end would most likely be closed on there next survey. It was a joint effort by many people to work diligently to open a new trail and to preserve our rights to wheel the 5 mile pass area. It would be nice to see everyone stick to the trail as they do to rattlesnake and constrictor. Lets all enjoy the new trail and do our part.
Thanks Dwayne

yotis 4x4

wheelin=church:)
why is copperhead/diamondback or whatever anyone else calls it not legal? it looks like its in an open ohv area, judging from the map that was posted earlier?

Good to hear there are more hardcore, legal trail options at 5MP!

Just curious, is this anywhere near the 'Copperhead' trail? It was a trail that wasn't legal, but some people were poaching it and running it anyway. It's too bad, because it also had potential.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
why is copperhead/diamondback or whatever anyone else calls it not legal? it looks like its in an open ohv area, judging from the map that was posted earlier?

I don't recall, but I thought it was either in a place that was NOT open travel or it was private land.