Russ Fullmer Passing

neagtea

Supporting Member
I recieved news last night on the passing of Russ Fullmer. This is a huge blow to me. Russ has been a very good friend and was willing to help anyone with any project. He dedicated 30 years to the UFWDA and was a very active part in any thing 4 wheel drive. You were the backbone of the Desert Trackers 4 wheel drive club and one of the founding members of the Utah Association of Four Wheel Drive clubs which is the predecessor of UFWDA. I will never forget our days of glory when Russ myself and other dear friends were deeply involved in Desert Racing this was one of our most successful endevers and it was very near and dear to his heart. Has anyone heard about this monumental loss? I am very far from home right now and wish I could pay my respects personnally. Please join me in this thread as a tribute to this great man .
Russ Fullmer
You will be missed.

Your friend
Jeff Neagle

Last edited:

neagtea

Supporting Member
Tacoma,
Thanks for the link, Russ had many many friends, Mbryson Thanks for the thoughts. I will be back around UT this OCT.
I am not sure when it even happened. I know how it happened and it was way to soon. Say hey to everyone.
Jeff

ijeeporange

Orange CJ5 & Scrambler
Sad Day

Jeff,
It is a huge loss to everyone that knew Russ. He was a great man and deserves nothing but respect. He was an amazing fabricator and many of us know this because his work is in our rides. There are countless numbers of us that he has helped any way he could help. Again....We want to say we are so sorry for your loss....this goes out to his family and the countless friends of Russ Fullmer.
He will be missed by all.
Brent

Tammy Silver

Thank you for all of your messages about Russ Fullmer. He is my brother-in-law and a truely great man. Your messages were very right about how he was always willing to help anyone at anytime. He gave of himself and his time for free and didn't expect anything for it.

His wife now faces the most challenging time of her life without him. He took very good care of her for a lifetime and now she has to figure out how to go on without him, mentally and financially. Unfortunately, there isn't much money in the bank to pay for his funeral, let alone upcoming expenses like house payments and groceries, etc... Any support, that you the community of 4x4r's could give at this time would be greatly appreciated and mostly needed. If your club could get a donation together and present it to her at the funeral or the viewing it would be of great help to her and their kids and grandchildren. He was a fantastic grandpa and father too.

The funeral will be on Tuesday, July 22nd at 11:00 a.m. and the viewing will be the night before, which is Monday, July 21st at 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. It will be held at The Deseret Funeral Home on 700 South and 36 East.

He loved four wheeling, jeeps, the outdoors and all of you guys very much! Thank you for your kind words and all of your support and for being his friend.

Russ Fullmer

Hi Guys-especially JEFF NEAGLE,
We were told that there was a message from you up here. My family wanted to let you know what happened. On Wednesday, July 16th Dad was found by his friends at work (Hogan's Construction) in full cardiac arrest. He had just been home for lunch with all the grandkids and had just barely returned to work. Jeff we wanted to let you know that you are an honorary (Russell) pall bearer. :D You are part of our services. We would like to read your message at the funeral. You are in our hearts and prayers. We wish you could be here too. We LOVE you! Come see us when you get back in October.
Pauli and Chris

camicaztoy

The passing of Russ is going to be a big blow the the off-road comunity. I for one was shocked and sadened to hear of it. I will be going to the veiwing monday. I think it would be a fitting tribute to the man who gave us what is now u4wda, i will be sporting my u4 gear monday.