Safety and emissions?????asap

chadbuckner

Oh what a feeling..Toyota
Does any one know of a place where I can go to get a "friendly" safety and emissions down in provo/orem area? My tire tread sticks out about 1 inch beyond my fenders and I can't afford fender flares right now. some of the places that do safety are getting so ANAL!!! Emissions isn't a problem I run WAY clean the only thing is the tread. Please help as right now I am running on expired plates!

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Sent you a PM with the info. I don't want to post about a shop in a public forum and get them busted.

redrock

Originally posted by chadbuckner
Does any one know of a place where I can go to get a "friendly" safety and emissions down in provo/orem area? My tire tread sticks out about 1 inch beyond my fenders and I can't afford fender flares right now. some of the places that do safety are getting so ANAL!!! Emissions isn't a problem I run WAY clean the only thing is the tread. Please help as right now I am running on expired plates!
i am almost betting that one inch is nothing my tires stick out much futher and never had a problem

p.s. if you can't in orem go south to a small town they will

Last edited:

kb7sei

Anyone know a good place in SLC? I don't think I'm out of spec, but it's nice to give my money to people that aren't retentive about stupid crap. I've heard of shops turning wheelers away because the truck is "modified". :rolleyes:

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by kb7sei
Anyone know a good place in SLC? I don't think I'm out of spec, but it's nice to give my money to people that aren't retentive about stupid crap. I've heard of shops turning wheelers away because the truck is "modified". :rolleyes:

I'd also like to know of a place I can take my Jeep to. My only problem is my tires are out past the flares maybe 1".

I'll be checking my PM's ;)

redrock

Originally posted by WayneXJ

I'd also like to know of a place I can take my Jeep to. My only problem is my tires are out past the flares maybe 1".

I'll be checking my PM's ;)
i maybe wrong but i would call the highway patrol and check to see how far your tire can stick out 1 inch don't seem right to me but i maybe wrong it would be worth checking into maybe i will and let people know mine stick out more then that and i have never had a problem:D

chadbuckner

Oh what a feeling..Toyota
I strarted this thread because about 3 weeks ago I got pulled over by the highway patrol for having no mud flaps, I got that fixed but he also wrote me up for the tread sticking out honestly about 1 3/8" he then printed out a paper with the regulations on it and sure enough it said NO amount of TREAD may stick out past the fenders, side wall is ok but no tread I had to laugh because as he wrote me up I counted over a dozen jeeps or trucks that drove by with tons more tread sticking out than mine! Kinda anal and I was a little pissed about the whole thing.

redrock

Originally posted by chadbuckner
I strarted this thread because about 3 weeks ago I got pulled over by the highway patrol for having no mud flaps, I got that fixed but he also wrote me up for the tread sticking out honestly about 1 3/8" he then printed out a paper with the regulations on it and sure enough it said NO amount of TREAD may stick out past the fenders, side wall is ok but no tread I had to laugh because as he wrote me up I counted over a dozen jeeps or trucks that drove by with tons more tread sticking out than mine! Kinda anal and I was a little pissed about the whole thing.
THAT IS A CROCK OF SH!T SOME COPS JUST HAVE TO BE THAT WAY BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO BUT LISTEN AND DO WHAT THEY SAY:D

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
I will find the lift law on this forum for ya. I read it and it says you need 50% of your tread covered by your fender flare, the rest may stick out. I'll post again when I can find the thread for ya.