Safety Inspection laws *new and improved"

GOAT

Back from the beyond
diesel powered inspection laws:rolleyes:

Now we're totally OT. time for this thread to die

Last edited by a moderator:

justin3979

seems like a lot of trouble to me...

I'm sorry you are having so much difficulty complying with state law. It must be difficult.

While I do not agree with this law, it is the law nonetheless. Don't like it? Write your legislator, start a petition, hold a rally, stage a protest, write a letter to the editor, etc. With any of these options, you may want to hold back on the rooftop genitalia concept, as it could seriously cost the credibility of your cause. I hope this helps.

Jared

This seems like a lot of trouble to go through in order to be able to enjoy such a meanial freedom. Of course the state knows this, and they know that not enough people would make such a stink about it to make any difference. They will continue to chip away at our freedoms in little ways so they can give their tax collecting cronies (ie. UHP) just one more reason to steal from the honest and unsuspecting citizens of the state of Utah. I dont want to sound like an extreamist, but tyranny doesnt just happen over night. It comes bit by bit.

soda blaster

The law also states that the body of your truck can't have more than 2 1/2 inches (or something like that) between it and the frame. Anyone measured their stock Chevy truck yet? Technically it fails right off the show room floor.

The law also states that the body of your truck can't have more than 2 1/2 inches (or something like that) between it and the frame. Anyone measured their stock Chevy truck yet? Technically it fails right off the show room floor.

After the law was passed (spring '01), we had a meeting with the Chevy dealerships and the UHP and determined that this would be dealt with procedurally, with the measurement occuring at the body mount itself. Not sure what has happened since then.

and they know that not enough people would make such a stink about it to make any difference.

...actually, enough people DID make a stink that we the people did change the law. The old law was great...when it wasn't being enforced. When they decided to enforce it in 2000, it quickly became unbearable and we rallied to change it.

I do agree with the general sentiment of that paragraph though. We're a bunch of frogs getting boiled and we don't even know it.

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Well we got the lift on the jeep a couple weeks ago and was fine tuning everything and the wife went to SLC this morning and sure enough first time on I-15 she got busted. UHP pulled her over for no mudflaps. She only has a 4" lift on the xj. I just picked up mudflaps and made some quick releases for them. They were sitting on the back seat. She showed the cop and he just gave her a warning (written of course) He told her they are hammering down on the problem exp on I-15 utah county. So watch out they are watching for ya. He stated ANYTHING over stock tires needs flaps, not just lifted vehicles

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
My rig isn't done yet, but am taking every step to ensure it passes safety first try and with no reason to get pulled over. But I'm sure, I'll get hassled anyway...