safety inspections

natas

looking for a good place in ogden to get my street/crawler safety-ed.the 18yr old at jiffy lube wouldn't even look at it because it had a flat bed and said it needed full fenders

Thanks in advance
Ryan

M

muddyjeep

That guy is full of crap! I drove a flatbed for 10+ years and only had to have mudflaps!
As far as a shop I don't know. I would just stay away from iffy lube!

Last edited by a moderator:

OREGON85

from OREGON
Just FYI Utah State University has a policy against taking any university vehicle to Jiffy Lube for any reason. I think that speaks pretty strongly as to their quality when a whole public institution has a policy against one specific business.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
i would go to C&M tires in roy that was the only place that passed my 4runner, Midas and Jiffy lube just gave me alot crap.At C&M tire the owner and most the guys working there Off-road and there not scared of a modified rig

natas

i would go to C&M tires in roy that was the only place that passed my 4runner, Midas and Jiffy lube just gave me alot crap.At C&M tire the owner and most the guys working there Off-road and there not scared of a modified rig

nice i will try fat bob first just cause he is closer but that a good thing to know Thanks !

Seven

I am going to PM you a place. Jiffy lube in S. Ogden was the place last year, however they must of got whacked because this year they went all out on my jeep. I had to build some Bumper extensions so that my bumper was the same width as the outside of my tires. I should of took a pic of what my wife called "bumper wings" before they got taken off once arriving home with my annual safety.
The place I am PMing was the weirdest safety experience that I have ever had. I only needed an safety. I went first and the guy goes out and turns on the lights on the truck, pulls it in the bay, gets out and puts a jack under the front, Lifts the front and then lets it down without checking anything. He then pulls the truck out and comes in and says "You passed". I was like "What?" in my head, but have learned a long time ago to go with the flow when it is going your way.