Sagging rear leaf springs

utahxj

"Quit job & go wheel'n"
I put the rock krawler 8" kit on last year, and my rear leaf springs are sagging quite a bit...they tell me all leafs do that, but I was suprised they sagged so soon! Anyway, my question is could I just add a leaf on my rear packs to level things out or is there a better solution?

ewander

utahxj said:
I put the rock krawler 8" kit on last year, and my rear leaf springs are sagging quite a bit...they tell me all leafs do that, but I was suprised they sagged so soon! Anyway, my question is could I just add a leaf on my rear packs to level things out or is there a better solution?[/QUOTE

That will solve your problem but it will make your ride a little stiffer. Another option is to add a little lift block, I think the rock krawler lift already has long shackles.

leorn

reset
not sure how nice your springs are, but adding a leaf will limit flex, adding a block will only procrastinate your problem. Blocks multiply the torque on the leaf springs, so they will wear out even faster, not to mention axle wrap and the fact that blocks can shear. A the bigger the block the worse of couse.

After using a block myself cuz it was cheap, and having ridden in trucks with an add a leaf I finally broke down and spent money on custom springs.

I would say you might take out one of your leaves to trade for another, but there are springs that will give 8" or more lift that are not custom. You might look at a drop hangar, or custom springs. Be ware of blocks and long shackles that give you a bad angle!

and the final chapter is I put a 7" rear leaf to go with my 5" front spring. I really like how it looks!

hope this helps

tjbruno

Ive got a used set of custon Alcan rear springs with originally about 9" of lift, but they are used so have sagged a lil. I got em used, and they were a little big, so I stuck with 6.5's from Rusty's. They are just sitting around, so if you have any need for em let me know. If you would pay the shipping, theyre all yours (theyre in Indiana).

utahxj

"Quit job & go wheel'n"
I'll have to decide whether or not to just give in and get new springs or not...if not I am definitely interested in those springs, even if they're in indiana. I'll let you know. Thanks for the feedback.