Salt Lake City Anti-Wilderness Rally

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
SNR, the band said they'd love to do it. Do we have to bring all our own stuff? How long do we play? Is this stuff we just have to wait on? Anyway, i'll see you at the meeting.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Originally posted by SAMI
SNR, the band said they'd love to do it. Do we have to bring all our own stuff? How long do we play? Is this stuff we just have to wait on? Anyway, i'll see you at the meeting.
Good to know that you'll be able to play. Talk to any of the other bands you know. We'll present the idea to everyone on Monday and see what they say.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I talked to a handful of guys at work (People intrested in Mtn Biking, ATV's, Mine Prospecting etc) and they want to attend the Demonstration on the 29th. One of them is a mean-lookin' old Harley rider.... He said he'd bring his friends!!

Are there any plans for Flyers to announce the gathering?

How many people do we want there?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I lnow another band that would love play. Wort and I will make a cool video for the anti wilderness biz. We'll make it really cool too, gettin everyone fired up against tree huggers. I liked the rifle idea!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Originally posted by Greg
I talked to a handful of guys at work (People intrested in Mtn Biking, ATV's, Mine Prospecting etc) and they want to attend the Demonstration on the 29th. One of them is a mean-lookin' old Harley rider.... He said he'd bring his friends!!

Are there any plans for Flyers to announce the gathering?

How many people do we want there?
First off, remember that the meeting on Monday, Feb. 17th is just a planning meeting. And at this meeting we will figure out everything that needs to be done. I'm sure that we will have flyers. Think up your best ideas, bring them to the meeting and present them.
As far as the number of people, at the planning meeting, whoever wants to show, the more ideas the better. At the actual rally, I'd personally like to see at least 15,000 people!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by SRN

First off, remember that the meeting on Monday, Feb. 17th is just a planning meeting. And at this meeting we will figure out everything that needs to be done. I'm sure that we will have flyers. Think up your best ideas, bring them to the meeting and present them.
As far as the number of people, at the planning meeting, whoever wants to show, the more ideas the better. At the actual rally, I'd personally like to see at least 15,000 people!

But the actual "Demonstration" if on March 29th, correct?

I'd like to see 15k people, too.... How many are the Nature-Nazi's going to have? Any idea?

P

pokeyYJ

So I didn't get to go, something about fixing Moabrats tie rod? I dunno!:D ;)

Please fill me in as to what I missed.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
So SRN or Sami... where is the full report on this badboy? We need to get everyone invloved in this ASAP... I know I was there but I missed the begining and don't have the paperwork that had all the pertinent info...;)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
crap I totally forgot about this planning meeting. I have so much homework to catch up on it is frickin pitiful. I hate playing the homework card but if someone needs to get a hold of me to discuss this event just call. 791-0377

who is spearheading this campaign and do you have a number where I can contact a representative?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I can write what I remember. Our demonstration, or anti-pro-wilderness, or whatever it is being called is the same day as the tree huggers, on March 29th on the Capitol's steps(SNR will know the time, I forgot). The basic idea and message trying to be sent out is that the public land is for the public, and that the public decides what happens to it. U4WDA had two reps. there, there where some motocross guys and dirtbike organizations, and some club reps. We're getting people and support from all over the state. To me it seems like the whole outdoor enthusiast side of Utah is coming down real hard on the tree huggers. That's really all I can remember. I was there for the free pizza!:D

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Oh, I forgot. I was talking to some friends after the meeting, and one of my buddy's good family friends is the head of the BLM. So, my friend is going to see if he will want to get involved. Just thought I'd tell ya.

allterrain

AllTerrain
There were only about 15 people there. We need more!! The next meeting will be next Monday night at 7pm- LHM Jeep upstairs.
The rally will be the 29th from 10am to 12 at the Capitol. SUWA will be at Sugarhouse Park.
Scott Phillips will write a press release and we will do all we can to get the media there. We need ideas for promotion and want to have a good showing of people from every access group with rigs, bikes, sleds, ATV's and whatever else you ride on trailers around the Capitol. Old, young, women, kids, show that we are ALL for access and responsible. SUWA will try to portray us as a bunch of high octane hillbillies and we have to combat that stereotype in every way possible.
We need ideas and organization so come on out on Monday night!

I am just a soldier in all this and very grateful for those who are heading it up.

Thanks,

Alan

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Ok, here's the lowdown:
We had a good turnout for the planning meeting, 15 people. Alot of good ideas where thrown out, but the basis is this. We are going to be holding this on March 29th from 10am-2pm on the south steps of the Capitol. We have support from most of the major clubs around the state, and U4WDA is contacting those who haven't heard about it.
We're going to be protesting the Americas Redrock Wilderness Act (ARWA) which is SUWA's proposal to shut down 9.1 million acres of Utah from public access. As of right now we are working on the ground rules, flyer and getting speakers. Scott Phillips is writing the press release to get the media there. All of this will be taken care of by next Monday. At that point we will be assigning people to post flyers and other such stuff.
Basically, if you want in on the planning, be there next week. Its at LHM Jeep on 106th South. 7pm, upstairs in the training room. If you don't want in on the planning, plan on being at the rally on the 29th. We'll be having food, and possibly a raffel for some prizes. Also, we're gonna try to get some vendors there. Tell everyone you know about the rally. When the flyers are done, I'll post on up here that you can print out and put up wherever you see fit. But we want a MINIMUM of 2,000 people to show up to the rally on the 29th.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Don't forget the bands! Who likes Blue Grass? I know a good blue grass band from East that could play. My band, and two other bands could play like 30-45 minutes? I'll bring it up next week. Just wondering if the blue grass could work. It's new age syle blue grass(Nickel Creek and such, not hillbillie style).

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Ok, update on the time of the next planning meeting. It's on Wendsday night at 7pm in the training room on the second floor of Larry H. Miller Jeep in the Utah Auto Mall on 106th South.