samarui 2 bbl carb fix

bryce

Richard Crainium
tired of no fith gear in you sammy?
i just got mine back with a few simple changes.
i replaced my micro switch on the carb with one that is a two way switch
and i changed the secondary advance solenoid wiring so that when the pedal is to the metal the solenoid opens.
i also rerouted my vacume lines through the solenoid and tapped into the brake booster to get my vacume
i found that if i used a manifold vacume source then the secondary wouldnt open till 3500rpm and it wouldnt fully open till about 4500rpm
the secondary now opens fully when i press the pedal 3/4 of the way
there is one thing when i let off the gas it takes about .5 - 1 sec for secondary to close, that could probably be fixed with another solenoid and and a vacume line going to the close side of the secondary diaphram
i would be happy to give instructions to anyone who wants to try it

asau

please show me ;)

bryce said:
tired of no fith gear in you sammy?
i just got mine back with a few simple changes.
i replaced my micro switch on the carb with one that is a two way switch
and i changed the secondary advance solenoid wiring so that when the pedal is to the metal the solenoid opens.
i also rerouted my vacume lines through the solenoid and tapped into the brake booster to get my vacume
i found that if i used a manifold vacume source then the secondary wouldnt open till 3500rpm and it wouldnt fully open till about 4500rpm
the secondary now opens fully when i press the pedal 3/4 of the way
there is one thing when i let off the gas it takes about .5 - 1 sec for secondary to close, that could probably be fixed with another solenoid and and a vacume line going to the close side of the secondary diaphram
i would be happy to give instructions to anyone who wants to try it

jp008

Since the secondary opens sooner I'm going to say that the mileage drops. When I pulled the vacuum restrictor off it did the same thing. I noticed the secondary opening sooner but my mpg decreased. At that time I went from 25 down to 22-23.

Last edited:

lilsamiman

Stupid TV, be more funny!
Ohp, disreguard that email JP008. I got what it is. I did take it off and just through some extra line there. Just took it for a lil spin, seems to have a little more pep. Does it really bring back the 5th? What are all the switches that bryce is talking about? Will taking out the restrictor do about the same thing or exactly the same thing?

jp008

It does not restore 5th gear, it only helps on the bottom end. With the secondary opening sooner it gives you a little more umph when you need to get out of the way.

asau

Thanks for the pic, and it works like you said opening up the secondary sooner bout 3k -3.5k instead of 4.5k