sami question

74highboy

ive been looking for parts and ive been seeing this starter relay kit that says will solve that clicking problem when you try to start it ive been having problems with mine and i was wondering if this would be the problem or somthing to help it

OCNORB

Supporting Member
I would check the condition of your battery and battery cables first. Especially the ground cable. It's amazing what a new set of slightly larger cables will do.

Brad J

OCNORB said:
I would check the condition of your battery and battery cables first. Especially the ground cable. It's amazing what a new set of slightly larger cables will do.

X2

I bought a $7.00 Ford solenoid and 2 new battery cables and ran the remote solenoid on my scout right after I bought it (6 years ago) since it clicked more than turned over. I've only had that problem once since then and it was from a dead battery. No more problem w/ hot starts either. Ford was really on to something by getting the solenoid away from the exhaust. If you need info on how to do it w/o a kit let me know.

Good Luck, Brad J

terrymac

74highboy said:
well ive been thinking of getting a new starter but i dont wana spend 90 bucks

I have a starter that is nearly new that I put in right before I swapped in a 1.6. I'd let it go for $40. pm if you are interested.