Samsung Galaxy S4 or iphone.

alwaysxj

one hot moma!!!!
I am looking at getting a new phone, i currently have the S2 and have liked it. I have never owned anything apple, i have messed around with my wife's iphone and it is nice but would take some getting used to. I am looking for something fast and a good battery life. I don't have internet on my workccomputer so i am on wifi all day. My galaxy will last on a full charge from about 7am to 4pm.... I am on it a lot! I do like the fact that you can buy more cases and ect for the iphone vs the galaxy. I am on T-Mobile now but looking to switch to sprint or Verizon. So what phone would you get and why? Sorry if some of it doesn't make sense posting from my galaxy"smart phone"

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Just got the galaxy 4. Very happy with it. The only downside I found is the case is plastic compared to the htc ones metal one. But I needed an otterbox anyway

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
A lot of people love the S4. I bought it and hated it. It glitched out a bunch straight out of the box before I even installed anything. Had to factory reset it just to get it to work. But I think I got a dud. So I kept my iPhone 5 which I've had since it came out with absolutely no issues.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
When we went and looked at phones yesterday my wife android was worth 8 dollars my old iphone was worth 100 in trade in. Not saying it is better, just thought I would mention it. We bought our phones at the same time.

dutchman

KI7KSV
Have you considered the HTC One? I've got one and I haven't had any trouble with it. Love the screen size and feel of the phone. I chose it over the S4 because I wasn't crazy about Samsung's Touchwiz interface.

pELYgroso

'Merica
I have been super happy with my HTC one! I had a galaxy something or other and I like this a lot better! Camera is great, it's fast, and even though it's been out for awhile, a lot of the specs still compare to the new phones.

Jesser04

I just got the iphone 5S the battery is an improvement over the iPhone 5. The fingerprint scanner works eight out of ten times the more I use it the better it is. The biggest plus for me is the resell like mesha pointed out I just sold my iphone 5 64gig for 400.00 you can't do that with a droid.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I got a Droid Mini, mainly because I didn't like the huge size of the S4. I've had it a couple weeks and so far it's been great. I pull it off the charger and when I plug it in 16 hours later I'm about 35%. Verizon hasn't mangled the interface too bad so it's almost stock android.

alwaysxj

one hot moma!!!!
One of the problems i have with going the galaxy again is, my phone will go in to airplane mode all the time with out doing anything! Also i can not send or receive picture messages for the life of me. I have to turn off wifi and make sure data package is active and sit and wait... Both of these are a known problem from what i read but yet they don't fix it. I am leaning towards a iphone so my daughter can facetime not me when she gets home from school so i know she is safe. Also i like how you can turn off in the in add apps for the games. When my two year old plays on my phone she wants to throw it but is just fine playing on my wife's phone. Has anyone else had problems with the text and airplane mode on the S4?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
A lot of people love the S4. I bought it and hated it. It glitched out a bunch straight out of the box before I even installed anything. Had to factory reset it just to get it to work. But I think I got a dud. So I kept my iPhone 5 which I've had since it came out with absolutely no issues.

I had this exact same problem when I got an S4. Plus when i got it to run right, it was slower than my iPhone 4 was, just a horribly clunky interface, and poor battery life. I Switched to the iPhone 5 after two weeks and am very happy with it. Super fast, I've had the battery last for two days on many occasions (admittedly I use it mostly for texts, e-mail and voice with occasional web browsing). The only thing that I miss about the S4 was the camera. It was fantastic!

Coco

I love my iPhone 4S, and I loved my iPhone 3GS.

When it was time to upgrade, I was persuaded to try out an android phone. I tried the HTC One X, I tried it for 2 weeks, and took it back. Got the 4S. MUCH better phone IMO, easier to use, everything about it IMO is better.

The HTC seemed like I could never find the speaker when I was trying to call someone, seemed way too big in my pocket, and just annoyed me. I like the size of the iPhone.

yota4runner on here just got a 5S and I looked at it, and I really like it. I will either be getting that for my next phone, or who knows what new phone Apple will release in that same. Another plus for the 4+ phones is iOS 7 was just released. I like it way more than I did the iOS 6. Probably because it is something new and different.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I've had an iPhone 5 since right after it came out. Never had an issue.

Got an S4 for work. It locked up on day 1 and does need to be hard restarted from time to time. It sucks.

They both have pros and cons for sure. I think most people are pretty clearly meant to have one or the other and that's all there is to it. Borrow one from a buddy for a while and decide for yourself

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I love my windows phone. Way better than the iphone or android in my opinion and yes I've used both.

which windows phone did you get? I haven't messed with a windows phone that I thought was user friendly.

I had this exact same problem when I got an S4. Plus when i got it to run right, it was slower than my iPhone 4 was, just a horribly clunky interface, and poor battery life. I Switched to the iPhone 5 after two weeks and am very happy with it. Super fast, I've had the battery last for two days on many occasions (admittedly I use it mostly for texts, e-mail and voice with occasional web browsing). The only thing that I miss about the S4 was the camera. It was fantastic!

Exactly. I had the s4 force closing the App Store without launching. It was not delivering my texts, it was beyond frustrating. It reminded why I left Android in the first place. For every 1 android that works flawless it seems there's 3 that crap out without user error.

I'm not an apple fanboy by any stretch but the phone operates so smoothly. No jvm errors, no force closes, no pos apps downloaded, no excessive bloatware. It does everything as it needs.

Your experience may vary ;)

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I have the Lumia 822. Once you set up the live tiles the way you want, it just makes sense. Everything I use is right where I want it, and if I don't use it much I can take it off the home screen in about a second.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I've got the GS3, which is the same size as the GS4 only slightly thicker. I like it. The size took some getting used to, but I'm used to it. Battery life seems substantially better than my friends who have iphones. I can unplug at 830 a.m., and when I plug it in at midnight or so it's at about 50%. I don't spend a lot of time watching videos and such though.

I like the android platform for a lot of reasons. I like that everything syncs to my gmail account. If I destroy the phone or get a new one, all I have to do is sign in on the new one and all of my contacts, emails, pictures, etc are all there again. I like the replaceable battery (I can go on a 3-4 day motorcycle ride and just bring a spare charged battery and make it back with some battery life remaining). I like the screen that doesn't break when you look at it wrong. I like that I can split screen 2 applications at once ( i.e. I don't have to interrupt the Blurred Lines video to respond to a text or to check an incoming email.)

Iphones are good for what they are. Fashionable accessories that are dumbed down for the common user. Anybody can pick up an iphone and use it, and if they don't care about signal reception or having cutting edge technology (screen tech, camera tech, processing power etc), then it works great. My mother is a perfect candidate for an iphone for example as all she would use it for is to play words with friends and make emergency calls, but I think she would hate my GS3.

The iphone is actually the only piece of apple hardware I don't own at this point, and I hate them all pretty much equally (to be fair, I actually like my Macbook air). I don't have an apple TV either I guess. Overall, I just don't like the lack of reliability of them, how slow they are, and Apple products might as well be the Westboro Baptist Church when it comes to accepting and working with other technology. Unless the iphone 6GSc comes out can emit some sort of wavelength that simultaneously cooks bacon and zaps the crazy out of women, I don't think I'll ever pick one up.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Funny, I'm looking at the GS4 myself. My Atrix has been really good, but it got stuck at Ginger Bread and Google/Moto wouldn't honor any software upgrade... Soooo, its time to upgrade. I want a phone with a great camera, removable memory, and replaceable battery. I LIKE the iPhone concept, and it would be nice to synch with my iPad2 (a gift). But won't fit my requirements. I know people with the GS3 and buying the GS4 off their suggestions works for me. I also like the GS4 Active. But an extended battery will void the water resistance. I like the feel of the GS4 and Active, but yes, it is pretty big. Not near as big as the Galaxy Mega with a 6.3" screen! Yeah, looks like I'm getting the GS4...