Samuraiman's 87 SAMURAI.

Owners Name & City-Kc St George Utah

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-1987 Suzuki Samurai

Engine-1998 1.6 16 Valve Sidekick Motor Port Injected Dual battery's and High amp Alternator

Transmission-1998 Sidekick transmission 5 speed manual, going to update to and automatic

T-Case-Dual transfer case set up Running Sidekick Transfercase with a custom built adapter and a 85 toyota transfer case. Ausome gearing on highway and off Running about 5.1 to 1 ratio

Axles-1984 Solid toyota axles with Lockrights and 4-10 stock ring and pinion.

Suspension-Coil Over front and Rear with 3 Link rear and 4 link front ausome travel Over 1000 pionts on a 30 degree ramp

Wheels and Tires- Aluminum wheels until my bedlocks get built and 33 12.50 BFG Mud terrain

Winch- I built a Custom winch bumper and put in a Warn XD 9000 i Works ausome

Favorite Trails-Local Trails in the St George Area Lots of Waterfalls and ledges

Other- Custom built rear Bumper Works nice to keeps the rocks off rear Corners. Need to update and get the Swing Away Done. Also Power steering and custom built steering setup.

Attachments

• May 071.jpg
    May 071.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 152
  • May 080.jpg
    May 080.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 178
  • May 110.jpg
    May 110.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 162

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Sounds like a solidly put together Sami! I dig the combo of Toy axles, Links & Coilovers. You ought to get some closeup pics of that setup!

Samuraiman

Sand Pile
Pics

Greg said:
Sounds like a solidly put together Sami! I dig the combo of Toy axles, Links & Coilovers. You ought to get some closeup pics of that setup!

It is parts Rocky Road Coil Kit and Part my own design. I had to rebuild a few of the Control arms, because of too much abuse. Other than that it seems to work quite well. I had some issues with the rear on the Y link I seem to have that figured out Now I need to get the High Steer and a few little odds and ends. Then maybe I can quite working on it so much and do some more wheeling. The axles are pretty beefy compared to Samurai axles and the little extra gearing is nice 3-73 to 4-10 Not much!I added pics of dual t case set up and cross member. No I didn't wash it to take these pics either. Last trip was to Moab Memorial Day.

Attachments

• May 119.jpg
    May 119.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 68
  • May 121.jpg
    May 121.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 52
  • May 122.jpg
    May 122.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 61
  • May 123.jpg
    May 123.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 37
  • May 124.jpg
    May 124.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 52
  • May 047.jpg
    May 047.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 75

str8axleguy

Sweeeet sammy, did you notice a huge power difference with the 1.6 swap. I have an 86 with a gear reduction transfercase and 31 with a spoa on stock springs, just looking for more power!

Samuraiman

Sand Pile
I need to look at post's once in awhile. The Samurai performs flawlessly. It has tons of power even in deep snow and mud. The engine swap is a breeze and well worth it. Take my advice and make sure you get a complete conversion IE starter alternator etc.. OR the whole vehicle Happy wheeling. I used the www.ottindustries.com kicker t case setup when they first started making em, it's about a 5 to 1 or so but has a high low split with the first Case.

Attachments

• May 043.jpg
    May 043.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Samuraiman

Sand Pile
Added some goodies

I just added the front fox dual rate coilovers. They are NICE. Also the Arb is going in the front. Looking forward to that, I have needed it a few times but now I will really get into trouble.

Here is the URL to Pic http://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/Casey's%20Pix/April%20121.jpg

Attachments

• April 121.jpg
    April 121.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: