Samuria front bumper?

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Where's the best place to get a aftermarket samurai front bumper. I just put rear springs on the front and now my tires rub on the stock front bumper and to where it mounts. I'd like to get one that is ready for a winch for in the futur when I somday get a winch any help would be great? Also I want to try and keep the stock turn signals.

Last edited:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
well good luck if you don't have a lot of cash. Your local obvious option would be RRO bumpers....but they are absolutely the most hideous thing my eyes have ever beheld so run away from that idea...some 2x6 piece of crap with ugly dripping lights is not what you want bolted on your samurai.

calmini has some aesthetically pleasing bumpers but they come in at about 350$ a piece.....

you got the ARB for about 450$

you can go with my favorite from http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/bumpers.htm

I like their mounting and partially copied it for my bumpers that I made....but still pricey.

I built my own. Wanker deluxe built his own. Build your own. For 400$ you can buy a really nice welder to start your journey on the fabrication express.

J

jeff cardall

Originally posted by Portrnrzuk
Where's the best place to get a aftermarket samurai front bumper. I just put rear springs on the front and now my tires rub on the stock front bumper and to where it mounts. I'd like to get one that is ready for a winch for in the futur when I somday get a winch any help would be great? Also I want to try and keep the stock turn signals.
heres one http://www.puresuzuki.com/c3.htm look at this one it is really nice dont know how muck u wanna spend?

spiderman

Amish dude
Or, if you are like me and have veeery little cash, you can just cut up your existing one. It does not look good, but it works. Just cut off your stock mounts, then cut the curve-around part of the bumper, make your own mounts(very easy)... And voila! you have one hideous bumper, but it doesn't rub! (weak as he!!, though, those stock bumpers are.)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
at first, I just took off the bumper, relocated the lights behind the grill and cut off the tubes on either side flush with the body mounts...it looks great bare like that and it gives you time to really think about what you want to do....

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
it ends up looking something like this....kinda cool I think....
Dcp01007.jpg

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I made me a bumper over the weekend it's kind of a nock off of RRO's front bumper just moved my lights behind the grill I'll post pics in the morning.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Nothing special it's not strong enough to flat tow but just needed somthing to make it legel for the roads. I'm going to finish it this next week with some more braces? there's a plate on the top of the frame and another square tube on the other side of the frame rail.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I had an issue with mounting mine with onyl lower mounts. here is what I suggest, use that body mount and make a mount that ties into that.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I just tugged a couple really hard times on my front d-rings and things got loose a little...sounds like you have a good game plan there.