San Juans Road Conditions?

kkemp

I'm heading to the San Juans in 2 weeks. According to some Ouray website, all the trails I'm interested in doing are still closed. I can't believe thats right. I'm planning on doing Black Bear Pass, Governor Basin and Poughkeepsie Gulch. Has anyone been there this summer yet?

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
Sometimes they don't update their websites often enough.:rolleyes: I'm sure Black Bear is open, Governor ought to be as well. Poughkeepsie sometimes has some snow into late June, but not that late in July. I'm saying you're good to go.

moabrangler

Check out ,colorado 4x4.org for local info on the trails. were going on the 27 ,for ,All 4 Fun,sponsored by the Mile hi Jeep clubs

kkemp

Yep, that's the website I saw. I guess I need to make some phone calls before heading out there.

I may have to come up with an alternate plan for some place else. Maybe Gunnison county or something. The San Juans is the only area I've been to in Colorado so I'm not that familiar with anywhere else. I expect to be traveling alone with my wife so I need to stick to somewhat sane roads. That means Holy Cross is probably not a good choice for this trip.

kkemp

Sometimes they don't update their websites often enough.:rolleyes: I'm sure Black Bear is open, Governor ought to be as well. Poughkeepsie sometimes has some snow into late June, but not that late in July. I'm saying you're good to go.

I think your probably right.

Check out ,colorado 4x4.org for local info on the trails. were going on the 27 ,for ,All 4 Fun,sponsored by the Mile hi Jeep clubs

That's the same time I'm going. I'm leaving the 28th.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, we were up in Silverton 2 weeks ago and the snow is almost gone. You never know about those websites, if you were really concerned about it, you could call one of the local 4x4 guide tours and check with them.