San Rafael Swell North Ride 5/21

plaidfro

I will be leading a group of guys through a ride in the N. San Rafael Swell that will cover the Locomotive Point Trail, Eagle Canyon, Eva Conover, Coal Wash, and the Devil's Racetrack. Should be about 70 miles when all is said and done.

I am still trying to decide if we will start on the East side of the trails at Oil Well Flat Rd or if we will start on the West side Just outside of Moore, UT through Moore Cut-Off. I think the Moore, UT start sounds more interesting to me as it saves the vehicles from having to drive into the Swell very far.

Anyways we'll be leaving Provo about 7:30 - 8:00am to head that way, if anyone is interested in meeting up down there to ride.

If you want to come and have never ridden that terrain... make sure that your bike is equipped with an over-sized skid plate, Heavy Duty Tubes in your tires, Bark Busters to protect your levers, and enough gas to run 70 miles.

-Brandon

sixstringsteve

man, that sounds like a blast. I'll get some more months riding under my belt before I go on a ride like that. But keep me in the loop, that sounds like a blast.

plaidfro

I have been with beginners on this ride and they have made it out just fine. We're not a hardcore paced group... Faster riders can ride ahead and just wait at junctions for the rest of the group.

I will have to figure out total head count. There are going to be 3, I believe, coming down from the Layton area, I don't know their travel situation.

I will be with maybe 1 - 3 persons leaving from Provo. I will know more about who is going within the next day.