Sand Hollow 19th-23rd

sswens1

Sand Hollow was a ton of fun and an unbelievable amount of wheelable terrain and trails. The locals we had the chance to meet were way nice and super helpful showing us around. We ran the Nasty Half, we think some of the maze but not sure, Milts Mile, TNT, Double Sammy, part of Smurfette, and Lower Chain Reaction. All were a lot of fun, I managed to get some body damage in TNT, but thats part of the deal with a trail like that. Also my teralow 231 was making not nice noises on the last day or we would have finished chain reaction. Great trip my wife and I really enjoyed it down there. Here is a link to the pictures I've uploaded. Password is rme4x4

http://s80.beta.photobucket.com/user/sswens1/library/Sand Hollow 112012

Just us first day out we ran the nasty half, Awesome! Got some good directions from kungfufighter06 thank you. followed the dunes all the way to the bluff and came back down along the west rim. I cant believe how cool this area is

IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2955.jpg

I got a passenger front tire 3-4' in the air according to my wife on the last one when my rear driver fell in that gaping hole.. Glad it came back down:)
---------------------------------------------------
Wednesday we ran TNT. We tagged along with some great folks that are friends of Kungfufighter with some BEEF rigs. We ran Milts Mile before they arrived, then ran TNT. I needed a winch and had to take one "bypass"(after trying the main chute) that was a bit off camber with bad consequences. Fun day, got a little body damage, but that is inevitable and acceptable. Really felt small next to all those burly v-8's and 54" tires

Winched :(
file-1.jpg

Success
file-3.jpg

Bypass
file-2.jpg

Out of TNT
file-5.jpg

BEEF
file.jpg

-------------------------------------------------
We spent Thanksgiving with family in St. George and came back out to play on Friday. We were going to run Arrowhead with same guys as Wednesday but we were invited to join another group doing Double Sammy and opted for that. Glad we did because Double Sammy was so much fun and from what I saw of Arrowhead I would have certain body damage and/or mech breakdown. Our unofficial guides were locals involved in WOTR and extremely in the know about all of the trails down there. When we popped out of Double Sammy we watched the Beef rigs and Nic with his toyota buggy down in Arrowhead for a little while, then took Smurfette back to the top of Double Sammy where there was a great lunch spot. The other guys ran the Nasty Half after Arrowhead. We met them at the end of Nasty for a bit talked some 4x4 and split up again. We followed the Eric and his green TJ to lower Chain Reatction and he wasn't kidding when he said that if we broke in there it would be very bad. Luckily we made it out unscathed it was pretty great. Time for an Atlas.
Double Sammy-
file-59.jpg

file-82.jpg

file-74.jpg

Smurfette-
file-65.jpg

file-64.jpg

Arrowhead
file-86.jpg

Chain Reaction-
file-68.jpg

file-67.jpg

Last edited:

sswens1

Forgot to mention it was t-shirt weather every day. The conditions were perfect!

Winter on the rocks is Jan 25th & 26th 2013, good way to get shown around and have some fun!

camdawg

it was great to meet you and have you run tnt with us. the weather was perfect. we ran tnt with you ant arrow head nasty half sandthrax we also went out on the play ground on the west rim and on Sunday we ran joint effort I believe that is the name of it we had a great time

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
The Hair's and their monstrosities are a blast to wheel with!!!

Heard one of their moon buggies was the only one to ever make it out of Sand Thrax on its own power!!!

Last edited:

sswens1

The Hair's and their monstrosities are a blast to wheel with!!!

Heard one of their moon buggies was the only one to ever make it out of Sand Thrax on its own power!!!

Yea, they are a blast.. you should have seen the look on my face when I first pulled up and saw their rigs.. Those things are insane!

Aaron hair jared hair and me all made it out of sandthrax under are own power on Saturday

bad ass