sand hollow, 9-5-2011

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
zuki james invited me to go to sand hollow with him for the weekend.
I had not run any of the trails down there, so I decided to tag along.
We had a crazyyy! couple of days!!!!!!!!
sat morning james had to run to the ER (kidney stones!) :eek: poor guy!
after we got him good & drugged up he wanted to go hit a trail.
so we ran chain reaction (I think?) fun trail! we had a blast!
mon. morning we wanted to go check out arowhead. Its a good thing we started early!!! as we got up into the wash I started playing on the climb that brings you up out of the wash. I felt like I was trying to get a buss through there!! haha! long story short, I ended up on my lid in the wash!

Attachments

• DSCF1320.JPG
    DSCF1320.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF1325.jpg
    DSCF1325.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF1326.JPG
    DSCF1326.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF1329.JPG
    DSCF1329.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF1330.jpg
    DSCF1330.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 57

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
arrowhead trail, heres a few pics of us trying to get my rig flipped & running.
it was a tough spot for a recovery, we worked our butts off!! (we had to get a little creative)

Attachments

• DSCF1347.jpg
    DSCF1347.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF1350.JPG
    DSCF1350.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 71
  • P1030787.JPG
    P1030787.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 67
  • P1030790.JPG
    P1030790.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 84
  • P1030796.JPG
    P1030796.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 64
  • P1030804.JPG
    P1030804.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 70
  • P1030806.JPG
    P1030806.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 77
  • P1030808.JPG
    P1030808.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 75

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
all in all we had a blast! those are some real fun trails!!

I have a vid clip of james showing me up on this climb, right after we got mine running.
(Ill try to get it posted)

heres james

[YOUTUBE]cFdx8ZQZfDk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

zukijames

awesome view
IMG_0960.jpg

my unloaders opps i mean airshocks( not tuned well) didnt really love the off camber stuff but made things fun.
IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

gooses dad on his wheeler.. does pretty good took a few spills though!
IMG_0967.jpg

just chillin
IMG_0968.jpg

goose looking for a line
IMG_0969.jpg

pulling in
IMG_0970.jpg

now wha?
IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

my zuk isnt much of a recovery vehicle
IMG_0993.jpg

goose after he found his line made it look easy this try. i think the first time he was just trying to scare me
IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

goose and his kids ( my favorite wheeling partners!)
IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

talking about the lines we took
IMG_1019.jpg

boring/sleepy ride home
IMG_1020.jpg

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Once you do the sand hollow trails, you never go anywhere else. Been down there 3 times this year, and not once to Moab. Camping at the Sand Pit ground, You are set for the time you are there. No toting your junk around. I you are only 15 mins from every trail.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Those are all pics of nasty half except the second post is Chain reaction. The one you rolled on in the second post is "the impossible" its part of the 3 lower obstacles of chain reaction that 99% of people bypass, Did you guys go up above that or just bail at that point? Looks like fun, bummed I couldn't join you guys.

Last edited:

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Sweet, Looks like some fun and very challenging trails! If everything there is that close to the camping area that's a real plus for non-street legal rigs as well. Hopefully in my case propane is within a close distance too! :D

Im game the next time anyone heads that way...

zukijames

i went up the one he tipped on and went up a little thing right after and then turned around he was late getting the kids home to there mom

im retarted and we had a hard time finding the trails (turning into the right washes)

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Those are all pics of nasty half except the second post is Chain reaction. The one you rolled on in the second post is "the impossible" its part of the 3 lower obstacles of chain reaction that 99% of people bypass, Did you guys go up above that or just bail at that point? Looks like fun, bummed I couldn't join you guys.

thanks for the clarification. I was hoping youd chime in & set us strait :D
We were a little clueless, didnt matter though we found stuff that looked fun & started playing. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction, next time well have to hook up so you can show us around.

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Sweet, Looks like some fun and very challenging trails! If everything there is that close to the camping area that's a real plus for non-street legal rigs as well. Hopefully in my case propane is within a close distance too! :D

Im game the next time anyone heads that way...

The even cooler thing is that you can take the OHV route into Hurricane. It's all back roads with a 45 and lower speed limit. However, Propane is hard to come by in Hurricane. Only one place sells it. We never checked St George. We dealt with what we had. Bring as many extras if ya can.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
True statement, you guys didn't even scratch the surface of the trails here. In order of hardest to easiest:

Arrowhead
Sandthraxx
Joint Effort
Chain Reaction
Nasty Half
Smurfettes

See what you missed :D