Sand mountain mayhem...

wildkid

...Jeepless...
Maybe some of you were down there when the yellow 'rover rolled...
The 'rover belongs to a friend of my sister and her husband. Their friend's girlfriend was driving at the time and rolled 5-6 times into a bowl on the backside of sand mountain.
I'll post pics as soon as I can.

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
Are they OK? So how did they do that? I assume they were driving around with aired down dirt tires, not sand tires?

wildkid

...Jeepless...
I don't have all the details. I only went down to help recover the vehicle and take the girlfriend to the hospital. Since the girlfriend was driving for the first time in sand, I'd assume that she wasn't all too familiar with the terrain. My sister said that she was trying to drive out of one of the bowls and lost momentum when she neared the top. Rather than turning down-hill, she maintained the side-hill direction. When she stopped all together is when the vehicle began to tip.
The 'Rover had the Toyo Open Country tires, aired down from what I've heard.
I know the girlfriend went to the hospital, don't know her condition. She was pretty banged-up though. The entire roof crushed in at the driver's location. She was very confused when I arrived. The rangers had administered first-aid and applied cold-packs to reduce the swelling, but she was hurting. :sick:

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
That is a bad deal, driving on sand requires some experience. I would like to see the pics if you get them up.

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
That Rover was one of only TWO yellow Kalahari Edition Disco's in Utah. The American Fork dealer sold it not to long ago.

I want to see pictures!!