SAS'd The 4runner

864runner

I know I'm your hero
It's finally done so i figured I'd post some pics, not gonna do a whole write up cause its already been covered so many times. On to the pics!

When i bought it.
0531071315.jpg

With some 33's on stock suspension
0718091648.jpg

Started with the rear
DSC02308.jpg

Tacking the hangers in place
DSC02310.jpg

Cheston and Mitch hard at work
DSC02313.jpg

Rear is done
DSC02318.jpg

Didn't get many pics of the front cause my "photogragher" was busy taking care of a baby or something like that :p

IFS crap is out
DSC02319.jpg

Solid axle in!
DSC02489.jpg

DSC02490.jpg

Some flex shots
DSC02484.jpg

DSC02485.jpg

DSC02486.jpg

I would like to thank Jake(NOTATOY) for the kit and coming over and giving me some tips on the install, Cheston and Mitch for helping me with the install, couldn't have done it without you two!

Going to get some 35x12.50 KM2's on today. I'll post some pics when i get em on.

864runner

I know I'm your hero
Thanks everyone. I was really looking forward to seeing it on 35's too but... [RANT] Costco tried to screw me out of 100 bucks. Went in tuesday and got a quote for 790 and i went in today to get them put on and they wanted 890:confused: The manager was on vacation so I just walked out.[RANT OFF] Guess I'll head down to Les Schwab tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
hey man if you have the tires all ready i can mount them up for you, wont chare you a thin but maybe a 12 pack of dew.

im just over in layton

864runner

I know I'm your hero
hey man if you have the tires all ready i can mount them up for you, wont chare you a thin but maybe a 12 pack of dew.

im just over in layton

I don't have the tires, but that offer might just tempt me to get the pitbulls i want and just have you put them on:cool:

truck looks damn good to nice to have another toy up here in the davis area.

Thanks but I actually live in West Jordan, i was just up at Cheston using his garage space and tools:D

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
How did it drive after the alignment? Any road issues?

that SAS kit was a lot more involved than I thought it would be but a dang sweet kit. It had EVERYTHING except the front axle. I was impressed.

Eric did 99% of the work and it turned out great. I was a dang good supervisor for the project.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Cool! You'll love the difference on the trail it will definatly be worth the time and effort :cool:

One thing I would recomend are the knuckle ball gussets as the Toyota axles are pretty easy to bend right where they neck down.

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
How did it drive after the alignment? Any road issues?

that SAS kit was a lot more involved than I thought it would be but a dang sweet kit. It had EVERYTHING except the front axle. I was impressed.

Eric did 99% of the work and it turned out great. I was a dang good supervisor for the project.

I thought that Mitch was the supervisor, when I stopped you were out playing in Idaho.;) Pitbulls would be sick, what would you run 37's.
You saw my pops truck on the 38's his has the 5" fronts though.

ChestonScout

lol......I was playing CEO that day, I left Mitch in charge.

Eric.....you do know you are probably going to want lower gears with the 35s. You might as well gear it to the 5.29 or whatever the toy gears are and run 37s and do a little fender trimming.

What the heck right?

You still havent answered me if it drives ok to?

864runner

I know I'm your hero
EriK:rofl:.....you do know you are probably going to want lower gears with the 35s. You might as well gear it to the 5.29 or whatever the toy gears are and run 37s and do a little fender trimming.

What the heck right?

You still havent answered me if it drives ok to?

It drives really good, Its definately a different ride that high up.

And I'm already talking to Cory about the gears. Gonna go with 5.29's, I was thinking going with duals but I'll see how i do with gears for now.

Last edited:

ChestonScout

Sorry man.....to many Erik and Erics around to keep them straight....lol

I will try to remember.

I think you will be happy with just gearing it for now.

864runner

I know I'm your hero
No problem Ches. It's no biggie.

so when doing an SAS, what factors play into doing leafs compared to links?

Well the determining factor for me was that leafs came with the kit:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Seriously though I haven't seen many linked Toyotas and as my first project I wanted to do something i wouldnt mess up.:greg: