Saw a sweet buggy...

Spidey

Heading north onto I-15 from 123rd last wednesday the 17th. I thought for sure it would be heading south to moab instead. Looked like it had an arches plate on the back. It was being trailered of course. It looked newly finished and ultra4 set up. Gloss black. Fiberglass jeep style hood. Speed holes on chassis. Low slung, probably 40's. Only saw it for 3 seconds, but it appeared impressive. I know that's vague, it was heading the opposite direction,but any ideas?

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I don't see the problem with this thread... how many nice U4 cars are around the wasatch front? Not many... it'd be interesting to know whose it is

Coco

Guys relax... Clearly he is trying to see who owns the rig, or who might have seen it? Sounds like an awesome rig!

Nappy

Nappystunts.com
What was pulling it? Was it an early 2000s black Chevy extended cab? And did the buggy have a Blue hood? My buddy Shaun had to run around and get his buggy finished up before he left Thursday for Safari. May have been him on his run around. I'll see if I can get a pic of his...

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
notice the date since it was before EJS. School much?
hahaha, whoops missed that part of your ohhh so wonderful description...

School much?
Yep, you show me yours and I'll show you all mine! (but pretty sure this threads not about me though)

when you say Ultra 4 setup, do you mean radius arms, IFS, or dual setup (coilsovers and airshocks for dampening together)

Spidey

It had an unfinished chassis.
It looked a lot like the new Campbell Ultra4 production solid axle car but without any logos or decals. It definitely was not IFS. It had a fiberglass hood with round headlights
It appeared to be Ultra4 because it was long and low with large tires and looked like somebody built it with high end fab skills. The reason I was curious is because I would like to know who around here is building that kind of car. I wondered if Beach had finished his rig.
I know the description wasn't much to go off, but I figured there might be a shot since not many high end cars get built in these parts.
Thanks for any responses.

Last edited:

Spidey

It looked upper end for a solid axle rig. Or on par with the Spec class 4700 cars.
Having said that I didn't exactly get the chance to throw it on a dyno or inspect the welds and bracketry. So I can't honestly confirm. But it appeared they really knew what they were doing.