Saw this on the STREET!!!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
chevtech said:
Both of those sites were sweet!

$120,000 cost that most of the rigs showed was a little bit of a downer though....... :-\

:)
Most of the people on those two sites are young kids. There are sometimes cool pictures to look at, but most of the post topics are "Look at my new wheels"

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
Hickey said:
Most of the people on those two sites are young kids. There are sometimes cool pictures to look at, but most of the post topics are "Look at my new wheels"

Oh heck I didn't even get to the BBs yet. I was just checking out some of the vids and articles.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
chevtech said:
Oh heck I didn't even get to the BBs yet. I was just checking out some of the vids and articles.

look at the BB, its good for what it is.

like any other BB there is booty garage fab..........and there is real clean and well thought out fab :D

Billforceone

A real friend !!!!!!!
chevtech said:
Both of those sites were sweet!

$120,000 cost that most of the rigs showed was a little bit of a downer though....... :-\

I wonder what you could really build like a class 10 buggy for? Those videos are just too awesome!

Hole shots truck has about $25,000 in part and then labor. That is about the same as some of are rockcrawlers. But alot faster!!

dm2

Yes the truck was not cheep, but it was not even close to 120,000. About 20,000 in parts. I mean powder coating, head liner, stuff you can do without. I have a friend that built a ranger every bit as bad for 7,000. I don't know how much a crawler would cost, but if you don't have to spend money on a transfer case and front axle seems to me it would be cheaper. not to mention you can pick up a 2x4 for a lot less.

Caleb

dm2 said:
Yes the truck was not cheep, but it was not even close to 120,000. About 20,000 in parts. I mean powder coating, head liner, stuff you can do without. I have a friend that built a ranger every bit as bad for 7,000. I don't know how much a crawler would cost, but if you don't have to spend money on a transfer case and front axle seems to me it would be cheaper. not to mention you can pick up a 2x4 for a lot less.

I think the same idea applies to both sports (kinda one in the same;)) but you can spend $$$$ thousands of dollars on a crawler, or you can use junkyard parts and built it on a budget. I will say though, when you go full tube buggy you will be into it a lot...I know with my cureent buggy I have gotten parts free, cheap, or traded and I am still into parts alone around $15K...

dm2

I forgot there is a race in two weeks and we are going to test a class 7 Toyota this weekend. The ranger , another toy will be there if anybody wants a ride just show up. I will try to get a time and location. Keep ya posted.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
dm2 said:
I forgot there is a race in two weeks and we are going to test a class 7 Toyota this weekend. The ranger , another toy will be there if anybody wants a ride just show up. I will try to get a time and location. Keep ya posted.

Thats what I want to see! :cool: Thanks!

NW-sickboy

Holeshot

FWIW......
I have Had only the best of experiences with holeshot. I got hooked up with trent at holeshot through another cruiser buddy in boise that wheeled with Trent. They have done some SWEET work on my 80 series landcruser (Custom Adjustable front Long Arms, Rear bumper, UnderCaraige Protection, Modified My front ARB, Custom Rear bumper, New lower rear control arms, beefed up my sliders...prolly some other stuff too that i just cant remember). I had a hard time finding a shop that had the time and the patience to listen what "I" wanted and then take those idea's and turn them into reality for a reasonable Price. The service has been Fantastic, If anything i feel like i was Undercharged on a few items (mostly Labor wich for a shop is thier biggest COST).

I know they are mostly wanting to build Pre-Runner stuff but if you need a cage built, some custom bends, or a few little things you dont feel comfortable (or have the tools for) they are a sweet place to go. still small enough to make sure that every detail is taken care of.....

I could go on and on..... thanks big time to Trent and Josh. I have actually been out of the state while alot of work has been done on my rig and it would have been easy for a shop to take advantage of me. thanks agian for the great service guys

BTW i think trent drove my rig by greg's place and he can vouge for the quality of work on a rig other than a pre-runner.