Sawyer mini group buy

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I didn't mean it in that demanding of a tone.... The shipping and all that, that's how I work. Always have, gotta be fair and equitable.

I know you didn't. But I did. You can't let Davy get away with being such a nice guy, or you start feeling guilty, and before you know it you're buying him lunch and shit for no reason at all. He's sneaky like that. Don't let him eat the fifty cents, I'm telling ya.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Filters got here and DANG they are small and light. Verified on my scale at 2.1 ounces for the filter and water bag.

I would really rather not ship. If we could work out pickup I would be super happy about it. They do file great in a priority flat rate box, but they cost 5.95 to ship and then you aren't saving a ton of money. I don't really feel like finding a bunch of small boxes to ship them in to save a few bucks.

hmmmmmm.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I am going to try to set up a few pick up points in different areas.

One at my house in american fork

one in Magna at Carls (Ilean) house

Maybe somewhere else if I can figure it out.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Skylinerider, troop92, Kurt, and Nappy

Rocktaco has yours.

Contact him to set up a time. I will PM his number

Please understand I had people PM me and people post up on this thread so I am trying to be fair.

If those people don't pick theirs up or get one instead of 2 then I will contact the next people on the list. I had people post up for 21 one of these(plus the ones I wanted for myself) and I was only able to get 12 so I will do my best.

I don't expect carl or troy to sit on these forever so please at least contact them soon. You can paypal me or pay them and they will get me the money.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Skylinerider, troop92, Kurt, and Nappy

Rocktaco has yours.

Contact him to set up a time. I will PM his number

Please understand I had people PM me and people post up on this thread so I am trying to be fair.

If those people don't pick theirs up or get one instead of 2 then I will contact the next people on the list. I had people post up for 21 one of these(plus the ones I wanted for myself) and I was only able to get 12 so I will do my best.

I don't expect carl or troy to sit on these forever so please at least contact them soon. You can paypal me or pay them and they will get me the money.

Davy, if you've had that much interest, and someone can pick them up quickly, by all means get in touch with a couple others. There's a strong chance I won't be able to get up there until Saturday and don't want RockTaco to have to sit on something when there are people that can get it quicker.

sixstringsteve

I've been using my minis since march and I love them. Once you've filtered water through it, make sure you don't expose it freezing temperatures. Nobody can verify 100% if freezing renders them useless or not, so I figure it's best to be safe than sorry. If you're going to be in places below freezing, just throw them in a pocket or your sleeping bag to keep them above 32*.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
is that just while there might be moisture still in them or are they good once they dry out?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
is that just while there might be moisture still in them or are they good once they dry out?

They should be good once they dry out, but it is pretty hard to tell when they are all the way dry. Give them a good long while. These filters use the technology that came out in the MSR hyper flow filter a few years back(similar to kidney dialysis). The filters experience a very wide range of temp during transport and storage so IF they are dry they should be good. It only takes one of the fibers to have residual moisture in it to expand and crack to possibly contaminate the water. Personally, I would not worry too much about it. we dip our hands in the stream, splash water on our heads, go swimming, etc. Those are all chances for contaminated water to get into our system. If I had given the system time to dry I would think it is good to go. I wouldn't purposely use it a frozen stream and then directly leave it to freeze, it will break for sure, but if they temp drops the precautions Steve mentioned should be just fine.