scammers

4thefamily

Recieved this in response to my ksl ad. I am sure he is just waiting to get this 1970 trailer over to the U.K.

Subject : 1970 22 ft Travel Tr... $1800
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO,
MY NAME IS DR THOMAS AND I AM BASED IN U.K .I SAW
YOUR AD WHICH I AM VERY INTERESTED IN BUYING FOR I
HAVE BEEN HOPING TO GET IT FOR LONG NOW.
WILL VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT IF YOU LET ME KNOW IF
YOU STILL HAVE IT FOR SALE? LAST PRICE,PRESENT
CONDITION AND ALSO PICS.
NEED IT AS A BIRTHDAY GIFT WHICH IS SPECIAL.THANK YOU
AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.
DR THOMAS.

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=18055

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
LOL

I had the same thing happen when i was trying to sell my 85 F-250 Diesel. I had it up for sale for $2000 and i got the same kind of E-mail and they offered me $8000 for it? But i think mine was from India.

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
ace said:
They send you a "money order" from overseas, you ship, check bounces.....
Actually you're only part right. They pay with a bogus cashiers check for an ammount that's more than what you're asking. Their instructions are to deposit the check and then Western Union the balance to them. They take whatever you're selling, and the money you sent them, then the bank calls you and tells you the check is no good. You're out whatever you had for sale, and your money.

If you can, they're fun to play with for a while. I played a guy from a KSL ad one time for about two weeks. He was pissed when he finally caught on. :rofl:

MattL

I got one the other day as well for a car i sold about 3 months ago. This was off CL though.

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
I have a check on the counter for $11,500, for 5 months rent on my house at $1200 a month. (if you do the math that's an extra $5700 when we took $200 off if he payed in advance) It's a real long story. If you were going to send a check for over $11k, don't you think you would send it "certified mail", or at least put a return address on it? I hadn't heard from the guy in 3weeks until the day this bogus check got here then he called me wanting me to cash it TODAY!
Nice try! The sad thing is that for only 3-4 hours of homework he might have fooled me. :eek: :mad2: :ugh:

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
cowmilker said:
I have a check on the counter for $11,500, for 5 months rent on my house at $1200 a month. (if you do the math that's an extra $5700 when we took $200 off if he payed in advance) It's a real long story. If you were going to send a check for over $11k, don't you think you would send it "certified mail", or at least put a return address on it? I hadn't heard from the guy in 3weeks until the day this bogus check got here then he called me wanting me to cash it TODAY!
Nice try! The sad thing is that for only 3-4 hours of homework he might have fooled me. :eek: :mad2: :ugh:
Frame that check, take a picture of you holding it giving the one finger wave with a big sh!t eating grin on your face, and then email it to him. If you don't want to do it, I will. :rofl: